Buddy The Dog

Buddy came to us as a stray. The vet said he had a crushed larynx, probably from a collar or choke chain. She said to use a harness instead. Since he is a runaway dog, that's what we do.

Most dogs and cats like back rubs/massages. I look for used baby receiving blankets at yard sales and flea markets. I wash them well and warm them in the dryer on chilly days (Terry towels just takes 20-30 seconds in the microwave also). Then I wrap up Buddy and massage his spine with a circular motion. He loves it. My mom had just finished giving my cat, ZsaZsa a back rub. She got so tickled. Mom passed away in 1999, but I still have fond memories through pictures such as this one. Here are a couple of Buddy being SPOILED after what we think was a hard life before coming to us.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Buddy601x251.gif

Editor's Note: Here is a previous post about Buddy

Awwww! What a cutie! And thanks for the idea of warm back massages. I've been looking for a non-food way to treat my older beagle. This may be just the thing!

Our Jack Russell, also a rescue, was also mistreated and has a condition same as buddy. He can only wear a harness, also, and must be on medication to help with allergies, as the vet said a severe case of sneezing could cause him to die. He is our baby too, and I am going to treat him to this special treatment too!! Thanks for sharing the pics...how we love them...Blessings, Vicki

What a cutie pie! Reminds me of my late doggie, Shelby, who was a Pom, and also a stray. Just came to our door one day - I think someone dumped him in our neighborhood.

Buddy is lucky to have you!

Thanks for sharing...to cute...I have rescued 19 cats and 7 dogs....there is a pet door for the cats and one 3 legged dog, Misty to enter and exit. Animals bring such joy to our lives....I don't understand people abusing animals...anyway...Buddy has the good life now...blessings

I don't blame Buddy for running away from his previous home. He's lucky he was found by such nice people. He's a cutie. Bless you for giving him a good home.

July 29, 2011 Flag

Buddy is slowing down these days. Walks are shorter. Naps are longer. He has several favorite sleeping quarters. His real bed is by my computer chair and on the closet floor behind my long dresses. Then in the living room, his other REAL bed is the one he is sleeping on in this picture.

He takes turns using our two comfortable living room chairs, plus his bed in the garage where his daddy's computer chair is. His "going to bed at night bed" is in the bedroom closet on a triple folded down quilt. Just so you don't think he is just an inside dog, the other picture is of him napping on the patio glider. A tad spoiled?

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 7 Comments
Photos Pets DogsJanuary 28, 2008
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:56:10 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.