DogsPets

Buddy The Dog

Buddy came to us as a stray. The vet said he had a crushed larynx, probably from a collar or choke chain. She said to use a harness instead. Since he is a runaway dog, that's what we do.

Most dogs and cats like back rubs/massages. I look for used baby receiving blankets at yard sales and flea markets. I wash them well and warm them in the dryer on chilly days (Terry towels just takes 20-30 seconds in the microwave also). Then I wrap up Buddy and massage his spine with a circular motion. He loves it. My mom had just finished giving my cat, ZsaZsa a back rub. She got so tickled. Mom passed away in 1999, but I still have fond memories through pictures such as this one. Here are a couple of Buddy being SPOILED after what we think was a hard life before coming to us.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Buddy601x251.gif

Editor's Note: Here is a previous post about Buddy

Awwww! What a cutie! And thanks for the idea of warm back massages. I've been looking for a non-food way to treat my older beagle. This may be just the thing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Our Jack Russell, also a rescue, was also mistreated and has a condition same as buddy. He can only wear a harness, also, and must be on medication to help with allergies, as the vet said a severe case of sneezing could cause him to die. He is our baby too, and I am going to treat him to this special treatment too!! Thanks for sharing the pics...how we love them...Blessings, Vicki

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cutie pie! Reminds me of my late doggie, Shelby, who was a Pom, and also a stray. Just came to our door one day - I think someone dumped him in our neighborhood.

Buddy is lucky to have you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for sharing...to cute...I have rescued 19 cats and 7 dogs....there is a pet door for the cats and one 3 legged dog, Misty to enter and exit. Animals bring such joy to our lives....I don't understand people abusing animals...anyway...Buddy has the good life now...blessings

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I don't blame Buddy for running away from his previous home. He's lucky he was found by such nice people. He's a cutie. Bless you for giving him a good home.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Buddy is slowing down these days. Walks are shorter. Naps are longer. He has several favorite sleeping quarters. His real bed is by my computer chair and on the closet floor behind my long dresses. Then in the living room, his other REAL bed is the one he is sleeping on in this picture.

He takes turns using our two comfortable living room chairs, plus his bed in the garage where his daddy's computer chair is. His "going to bed at night bed" is in the bedroom closet on a triple folded down quilt. Just so you don't think he is just an inside dog, the other picture is of him napping on the patio glider. A tad spoiled?

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Comment Like this photo? 10

He is such a cute little fellow. Sounds like he's very happy too, and makes his own happiness wherever he is. You didn't say how old he is, but I'm hoping you'll have him for a very

long time still.

Thank you for sharing him.

HokeyPoke

Reply Like this photo? Yes

HokeyPoke, we think he is about 11 years old now. We have had him 7 years. You can read more about him in the related pages on the right side of this page.I think the attack by another dog that blinded his left eye was the turning point in his slowing down. But he is coping well. Thanks for your feedback. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful darling you have. Buddy is indeed a precious little baby! I love how he gets all comfortable in the wonderful bed he has. He looks like a sweet little fox! Thanks for sharing him. We have a little Applehead Chihuaha that is two years old that has only one eye. He does not even seem to notice it. The vet says this happens a great deal with little dogs, and he does surgeries about twice a week for this very thing. Andy is a chihuahua and I am going to see if I can find a picture of him for you. He lives in his Momma's room, and gets treats all the time and likes to sleep on the couch in there, under a pillow he makes a cave out of. He is afraid of flies.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

I am in love with Buddy. :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Spoiled? ... You bet; just as he should be!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful little pet. Our fur-babies take up a big spot in our hearts, don't they? I love hearing about everyone's pets.

Thank you for sharing your Buddy.

ww

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a Sweetie!

Reply Like this photo? Yes