Using an Aluminum Espresso Maker on a Ceramic Stovetop

I just got an aluminum stove top espresso maker. In the instructions it says that it cannot be used on a ceramic glass stove. What will happen if I use it on a glass top stove?

By Andrewbuch from JHB, SA

It's my understanding between the heat and the potential for moisture that it can cause a suctioning that will cause the cook top to implode.

Well I used my aluminum espresso maker on a glass top stove the one I have didn't come with instructions not to do so but I got coffee not espresso I was disappointed.

I hope the place where you purchased it will take it back and return your money. I wouldn't risk using it. I am curious if this info was on the outside of the box? If not, you have very good grounds (no pun intended) to force the store to take it back because no caution/warning on the packaging!

Glass breaks at a certain temp. If they tell you not to, you really shouldn't. You'll void both warranties if you do.

Thanks for the replies. I did not try using it on the glass. got the gas camping stove out and use it on that.

Thanks for letting us know you didn't try it and found a solution, Andrew :-)

A pot on a ceramic stovetop.
Safe Pots and Pans for Ceramic Stovetops
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceSeptember 25, 2009
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎄