Roses Loosing Leaves

Help. I have a Rose bed of 50 floribundas. It has been raining here in North Jersey almost every day in June. I use Bauer All-in-One to control insects aand disease, but that did not seem to stop whatever my roses have. I am thinking it is an insect. The leaves start off with a bronze color or yellow with black spot. When I turn over the leaves, I see lots of movement by mircoscopic bugs (mites?) Eventually, the leaves turn brown, dry up, and fall off.

I have sprayed with Malathion and dusted with Rosex, yet my plants now have lost 50% of their leaves. I will continue to spray and dust, but I am now considering adding some Rose-tone fertilizer to help re-energize. Thoughts on any of this? I am afraid that all the plants will just defoliate and die. The new growth does appear healthy though, on last check.

By rosies diner from NJ

http://www.collincountyrosesociety.org/new_member.html

This webpage has info. about roses, including the problem you described and tells you how to take care of it. Best of luck.

Not a bad site but give this one a peek the site manager is more organic and a lot more informative

and will really teach you a lot for your current problem as well other problems I hear you on the rain there same here in Mass. I went out on day two of four of them rains in a late day down pour with a spray bottle of neem and the water ran right off the leaves.

Leaf watering is by far the worst thing for leaves ( as well a garden hose) either way Neem is more pest control but as it is an oil it can burn leaves I only use it when the temperature is at 60 to 65 and will stay there for at least a day

http://www.rose-roses.com/problems/fungi.html#rosewilt

Home and Garden Gardening RosesJune 30, 2009
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🎉
🎄