Shower Cake For Baby Shower

This is the 14 inch cake I made for my daughter's baby shower! The shower is made with a candle and a fluted pastry tin. The bath tub and bubbles were made out of fondant. The baby's head is a styrofoam ball covered with flesh tinted fondant. My friend Bobbie, made waxed diapers out of square pieces of pink fabric to hold the baby bootie butter cream mints I made.

I love cooking and baking for family and friends!

That is genius! And so cute!!! Looks like something you'd pay big bucks for!!!

That is so adorable, Michelle!!! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

This reminds me of my cousin who was five years old when I got married. She was going to be the flower girl at my wedding, so of course, she was supposed to come along to the wedding shower. She was somewhat reluctant to do so, but in the end, did. After we played the games, visited, opened the gifts and had the lunch, and were getting ready to leave, Maureen asked "When is the shower going to start?" She was expecting one with water -- just like on your cake, and just like the ones she experienced at the swimming pool! It was a good laugh for us all!

Louise, Nipawin, SK.

This is a beautiful cake! The roses are VERY pretty also. It takes real talent and skill to produce a cake like this. Do you do cakes to sell? There is good money to be made, but even after 30+ years I still DREAD the mess! Guess that's something you never get over, huh?

WOW! You are very talented! That cake is so cute! I will be a grandma for the first time in Oct. I am assisting with the baby shower and have been looking for ideas for a cake. I do not think I am that talented though! lol

Have a Blessed Day!

Wendy Leal

Thanks all for the great comments! Yes, I bake to sell also. I give more away than I sell though. I too, hate the mess and let me tell ya, I make MESSES! The decorating tips do most of the work for you. So any of you out there that want to learn, you can buy beginner kits, books if needed and start from there. You'll be amazed at how little effort it actually takes to make a beautiful cake.

I did my first wedding cake last week and it turned out beautiful! I may send pics in of that one also.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!