Getting Rid of Microwave Popcorn Stains and Odor

I burned popcorn in a microwave. How do I get rid of the smell first and if possible the yellowing on the plastic liner?

By Nancy from Harrisburg, NC

I used Soft Scrub and a little elbow grease and it cleaned off all of the yellow stain left by 'Extra Butter Popcorn' that had accumulated for a while. As for the odor, try a small bowl of half water and half lemon juice concentrate and microwave it till it is near boiling. Then shut off the microwave and let it sit in there for about a half hour or so. As for the house, I'm afraid you are going to have to open the windows, turn on all fans, and wait! After most is cleared out, spray with any scent of Febreze, which is a great odor remover.

Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 23, 2011
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Bowl of Popcorn
Homemade Microwave Popcorn
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Popcorn in a Pan
Making Popcorn in a Pan