Internet TipsComputers

Saving Ideas From ThriftyFun

When I read through ThriftyFun and other emails, sometimes I run across a pattern or something I'd like to read again. I copy what I want (Edit, Copy) and then go back to my email and put it in an email to send to myself (Edit, Paste). I make sure that I put the idea in the subject line (scrubber pattern) and then mail it to myself or someone else. It takes just a couple of seconds and then I've got it for later use without having to jot down the idea on a piece of paper. This keeps things nice and neat and orderly. When I have time, I can easily find what I want. My friends seem to like having these special ideas sent to them this way.

By Bobbie from Mesa, AZ

Editor's Note: If you are a registered user of ThriftyFun, you can also bookmark interesting posts you see so you can retrieve them later. You can organize them into categories and even make your own comments. You can register for ThriftyFun on our home page or by following this link:

When I want to save an article, I open the link and then add it to my favorites list.

My method might seem more involved, but it works better for me.

Instead of bookmarking a web page, I highlight, then copy and paste the text of the idea to a MS Word document. When I save it, I title it similarly to the original, and categorize it within my existing file folders. Just for an example, a recipe I found for homemade laundry soap went into my "Recipes and Directions" folder. I saved a second copy to my "Received Items" folder in a sub-folder marked "Informative."

Who knows? My idea might work for someone else.