Seashell Christmas Globe Ornaments

I live at the beach and constantly pick up interesting shells and rocks. I have been wanting to use them in an interesting craft and decided I would start looking for very tiny shells and very tiny rocks. I am taking clear glass Christmas ornaments and putting a little sand in the ornament and a few small shells and small rocks. I fill to about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up the ornament. I glue the top on and tie raffia or small ribbon around the top.

I hope to use these for friends and relatives who live far away. I might add a small starfish to the front of the bow if I can find any that are small enough. I might also try some of these in a local craft fair, and might write the names of the local beaches on the bulb.

I wonder how it would look if you took a light blue paint and swirl it inside the ornament, let dry then add a little sand and shells and rocks.

Oo-oo! Sounds pretty! Post a pic please.

In 1998 my sister 's son was married in Hawaii, We went to the wedding and while there we looked at all the shops and sights. My sister bought us each one of those " beach " ornaments. It was the last one she bought for me as she passed away that Nov. It is one of several she had given me over the years. It is among my most treasured. Good Luck with your craft. GG Vi

Sounds lovely! : )

Try selling them. I live in a beach resort area and stores here sell things like that for about $10.00.

They also add tiny fish, lighthouses, boats, etc....

Thank you for all the comments and ideas. I guess "my" idea has been thought of before :) I will post a picture when I can figure out my new digital camera.

Hi Janet,

How do you keep the sand from shifting in the ornament and covering up the seashells?

Thanks,

Karon

Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Homemade Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OrnamentsJuly 3, 2008
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
three ornaments
Making Christmas Tree Trunk Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
🎄