Fluffing Indentations in Carpet

How do I remove furniture indentations from carpet?

By Barbara from Boston

You can try using a brush, like a hair brush, to fluff up the matted areas. You'll have to do it a couple of times over a couple days probably. After all, the dents weren't made in a day.

Use a fork (the tines) to fluff it up. I read that somewhere a long time ago and it has always worked for me.

April 6, 2010 Flag

If you find indentations in your carpet after moving a piece of furniture, get a clean dish cloth or face cloth and put it in hot water and then wring it out. Place the cloth in the microwave and get it as hot as you want, about 3 minutes. Take the cloth very carefully and put in a coffee cup. Place the cup over the indentation and let it sit for a few minutes. The steam will puff up the fiber in the carpet and the indentation will be gone.

By Mary C. from Newark, CA

Answers:

Fluffing Indentations in Carpet

Why not just put the damp cloth in the microwave safe cup in the first place? Had to scald my fingertips a few times before it dawned on me to do it this way. I really like your tip. (12/06/2009)

By Pinksa

Fluffing Indentations in Carpet

Another way is to put an icecube on the indentation. When it melts the dent is gone. We used to do this when we moved furniture around in our business office. It doesn't hurt the carpet or the underlying floor, and it works. (12/07/2009)

By Pam in Beeton

Furniture Dents from Carpet
Removing Furniture Dents from Carpet
Home and Garden Home Improvement CarpetApril 6, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Leather Purse
Removing an Indentation From Leather
🎉
🎄