Cleaning a Fabric Purse

I need to clean of the bottom of my fabric bag. It got soiled from being put on the floor. Hope you could help. Thank you.

I don't know the type of fabric your purse is made from, but mine is a brocade silk material and I wash it in the washing machine on warm water setting and cold rinse cycle and do not put in a clothes dryer. It hasn't shrunk and it has vinyl straps.

Do you have any of the fabric? If so, I would wash the purse, cover the bottom with some of the fabric then cover it with scotchguard.

If you don't have any of the fabric, then you might want to cover it with some vinyl and that might protect it. You can either hand sew the fabric to the bottom, as most people wouldn't be able to see the stitches, or perhaps seam rip the bottom off, replace the fabric using the size of the piece as a template. Good luck!

Photo of a yellow fabric purse.
Cleaning a Fabric Purse
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricSeptember 9, 2009
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse