Wildlife: Raccoons

Mama raccoon and 4 baby raccoons living in the vicinity of the parking lot where I work. Mama brings her babies out almost daily to cross the parking lot and look for food.

By Rita

Adorable photo. I just pray they'll be safe. They are such entertaining little fellas.

Thank you for sharing the sweet picture. Mamas and their babies are always a favorite with us.

ww

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a fantastic sight to see every day. Your photo had me asking so many questions I had to Google Raccoon! So thats my new learning for today sorted out!

Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

June 2, 2011 Flag

These are the wild raccoons that frequent our yard. This is the fourth generation of raccoons. They enjoy dipping in to our dog's food. It has been a real treat watching them grow up, and grow old.

By The gal from RPV

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

The little masked bandits are some of the most cunning and smartest animals in the wild. They have personalities that differ as much as those of cats and dogs. When gotten young and given rabies shots among others, they make adorable pets who seem to do just fine with domestication. I fear they will end up on the endangered list one day if we don't do something about taking better care of our wildlife. We think they are out there and doing just fine, but if you are camping out sometime around deer, foxes and raccoons you'll see how starved they look sometimes, loaded with tics and fleas, and helpless to do anything at all to make anything better for themselves.

I would miss them so much, and hope that there are other people who see the beauty of our wildlife and who try to help them when they can. Clean fresh water is one thing that is becoming something of the past since so many of our natural water sources are polluted so terribly. If that water is polluted for us, it's also polluted for them.

I know that Lady Raccoon will get herself a nice fresh chicken dinner if the chickens are out at night without being protected. So will Mr. Fox, so the first order is to avoid keeping anything that might attract them in an adverse way when possible.

We used to put out all our table scraps, fed deer from our hands every bite of leftover cooked or uncooked oatmeal, dry cereal, biscuits, apples, carrots pears and nuts. When we lived in North Carolina, we had a little creek bed that ran off the big creek which would go dry in the summer months. We used that to scatter corn either on the cob or off, and anything leftover from dinner to feed whatever wildlife came to visit. They almost always came at night, but

once in a while, the deer would come in the daytime. They seemed to have their "rounds" they made and we watched for them just to keep a watch over them and how they were looking.

One mother deer had a little fawn, and when we first fed her, the fawn hung back and she didn't want us to touch him. After a while though, it was like she told him to come on and eat something with us. Feeding that little guy was one of the most precious things I ever got to see our son do. He was about 8 years old and mesmerized by the fact that the little deer was actually eating from his hands. A great memory for him and for us.

Thank you for sharing these photos with us. It brought back a whole flood of some of our best memories.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 16, 2010 Flag

A young raccoon came out to play in our backyard the other day. Posing for us up in the tree. Then he became cheeky and stuck out his tongue!

By Nicole

Wildlife: Raccoons

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

They are cute, at a distance. Mean, up close and personal. Don't corner one.
(06/21/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Wildlife: Raccoons

Great photo and what a cute critter! :-) (06/22/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

Wow, what a great picture! So cute! Love the tongue! (06/22/2010)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Raccoons

That is hilarious! What a cheeky little booger! LOL. (06/22/2010)

By one.of.a.kind

Wildlife: Raccoons

I love it! You started a lot of smiles! (06/23/2010)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoons

Too cute! Makes a great photo for note cards! (07/05/2010)

By kghsave

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 21, 2010 Flag

We were near a stream in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains National Park when we noticed this raccoon. We were very quiet so we would not disturb his hand washing. Can't have a dirty raccoon, can we?

By Catherine

Wildlife: Raccoons

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

What a great picture! Thank you for sharing. (06/03/2010)

By Joankay

Wildlife: Raccoons

I am an Australian, and we don't have raccoons here. When I visited my brother in Canada five years ago, I was delighted to see two of them in a small park in Toronto. When I went to the bed and breakfast where I was staying, I excitedly told the owner I had seen raccoons. She said "They are vermin!" How deflating, and Phooey to her! I loved seeing them, and the other Canadian wild life.
(06/03/2010)

By witchwood

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 2, 2010 Flag

Wildlife: Raccoons

We encountered a baby raccoon with it's eye's closed still on our acreage peeking out of a hole in one of our trees. Luckily, we got a couple of good pictures before mama woke up, heard the cries and pulled him/her back into the hole!

By jahummell from Shellsburg, IA

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoon Photos

That is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this picture! (05/21/2009)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoon Photos

What a Blessing to have been able to catch such a wonderful shot! Thank you so much for sharing such a sweet photo! (05/21/2009)

By Deeli

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 28, 2010 Flag

Wildlife: Raccoons

This raccoon mom and her kids visit at dark to eat my grapes.

By Sharon from Nova Scotia, Canada

Answers:

Wildlife: Raccoons

Dang they're cute! I might not think they're so cute if they were eating my grapes, but since we don't see them in our neighborhood, they're cute (from afar!). (11/20/2009)

By mrs.story

Wildlife: Raccoons

Spray the vines with hot pepper sauce. Critters don't like it. If that doesn't work, tie bags around the grapes. I did this with my peaches, good luck. (11/20/2009)

By kffrmw88

Wildlife: Raccoons

They are adorable, Sharon! I love it that you don't mind them eating your grapes and that they are comfortable enough to be near you for you to take such a great photo! (11/20/2009)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Raccoons

I think God made them so cute so that it would be harder to get mad at them! (11/21/2009)

By Beth

Wildlife: Raccoons

That is an awesome photo! It looks like they paused in the midst of a meal to pose for a picture! Cute! (11/21/2009)

By wdyjsu

Wildlife: Raccoons

I love to see the little bandits in action unless they are fighting and hurting one of my dogs. LOL so cute. Great pic! (11/21/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Wildlife: Raccoons

Nancy in Lr Sackville, thanks for comment. They are darling! Use to live in Sackville, too! (11/22/2009)

By Shyun Shun

Wildlife: Raccoons

Well those little bandits sure did mug for the camera! I have some here in Missouri that come out and the young ones are so cute. I know they can be a problem to some but here I just toss them scraps near the trees in the winter months. They have not bothered my dog and do not like it when he barks at them, they run and hide in the woods. (11/22/2009)

By meoowmom

Wildlife: Raccoons

I have this book "1001 All-Natural Secrets to a Pest-Free Property" by Dr. Myles H. Bader. Excellent book. He says, "Raccoons do not like to be around dogs. Get the clippings from your local dog groomer. Spread the hair around when you have problems and you will never see another raccoon or rabbit." Hope this helps and try to get the book. (11/28/2009)

By sabrinadog

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 20, 2009 Flag

WANTED FOR QUESTIONING! Highly intelligent and disarmingly cute, this gang is destructive and greedy.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Raccoon Photos
Raccoon Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 16, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Two raccoons find a cooler at a campsite.
Keeping Raccoons Out of a Campsite
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden
curious young raccoon
Coexisting with Raccoons
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 8:00:18 PM on 10.0.1.142 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.