Homemade Christmas Costume Ideas

Whether for a Christmas pageant, office party, or a family get together you may want to make a Christmas costume for the event. This is a guide about homemade Christmas costume ideas.

September 21, 2011 Flag

Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide to making a Christmas elf costume. Dressing up as an elf for Christmas or Halloween is a super fun costume for kids and adults alike. Whether you are bringing Christmas cheer to your trick-or-treating or passing out presents Christmas morning, this costume is sure to be a hit.

September 20, 2011 Flag

Man in a Christmas tree costume.

This is a guide about making a Christmas tree costume. Bring the spirit of Christmas to Halloween this year. Try making your own Christmas tree costume. You can also reuse it for a Christmas party or holiday play.

November 17, 2006 Flag

Does anyone have home made Christmas costume ideas?

Thanks,
Peggy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Last year my daughter was a stocking. I found a life size one at the dollar sore, I bought 2 and made a front and back with some ribbon attaching both sides. I decorated the outside with some bells and her name; just use your imagination. I also wrapped some empty boxes and hot glued it in side the top so they would be seen poking out. She won first place in our little walking kid parade in our small town. In all it cost me about 6 dollars to make and she won $50.

Best Answer

Go as a Christmas pudding in a brown dress, with holly in your hair!

Best Answer

A great costume for anyone is to take a large box with no bottom that the person can fit in. Cover it with bright foil paper, then cut out a hole for the head and both arms. secure these wrapped openings with tape so as not to tear easily, put a bow on the person's head! Wear sweats or leotard type items underneath!

Best Answer

Wear a green shirt and pants with little ornaments painted on and but a headband with a star coming from your hair and you'll be a xmas tree ;)

You could make Wise Men costumes using bathrobes and a towel on the head with an embroidery hoop to hold it on.

Last year at my guide christmas party we had to dress up. I was Mrs Claus. All I had was a red poncho and a christmas hat with two plaits coming down from the sides it looked fine!

Crafts Halloween CostumesDecember 5, 2016
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Phantom Of The Opera Costume
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 9:08:18 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.