Use Different Wrapping Paper for Each Person

For years now, I've been wrapping Christmas presents in a unique way. Each recipient gets his or her own paper! After wrapping, I write the name on the back of the gift with marker, then decorate the package with cutouts from old cards to match the recipient and write inspirational, humorous, or loving messages. Distributing packages on Christmas morning has never been easier, and everyone loves my decorations (some even keep them to use again!).

Source: My idea when gift tags kept falling off packages and we didn't know who they belonged to!

By Casey from Plano, TX

We always used to figure out our gifts by shaking and rattling the boxes. So my mom got smart and each year she came up with her own method.

1. One year she put a single dot, two dots, and three dots on the bottom of the packages. We never even noticed. The one with one dot was my sister, the firstborn, two dots, second born, three dots, third born.

2. One year she assigned numbers 1, 2, 3 and we assumed the 1 was the oldest, 2 the middle, etc. but it wasn't. She got us good.

3. The best was when she put each of our names on another ones presents. All of my gifts had one of my siblings names on them, and so on.

For my kids one year I put other people's names on them. They kept asking who they were and we said they were needy children that we were giving gifts to. Which we did every year so they did not suspect a thing.

A woman wrapping Christmas gifts.
Christmas Gift Wrapping Tips
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingSeptember 29, 2009
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Row of Wrapped Gifts
Saving Money on Wrapping Paper
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🎉
🎄