Browsing: Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans

Cleaning the Inside of a Burned Copper Tea Kettle

I burned my copper whistling tea kettle. I can get the outside reasonably clean, but worry about the inside. How do I make sure it's free of nasty stuff inside?

Pat R

By Pat R from WI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can smear ketchup or tomato sauce over the inside of the kettle, let it stand 10 minutes, then wash the kettle.

The acid in the ketchup or tomato sauce would probably work if you can get inside the whistler pot to smear it on. If not, try filling the pot with water, add about 1 tablespoon of baking soda, and let it boil for several minutes. Wash it out and rinse. I know this works on pot that have food burned onto the bottom.

Burnt Pans
Cleaning Burnt Pots and Pans
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalJuly 28, 2010
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Wooden Spoon Stirring Kettle Corn
Kettle Corn Recipes
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 6:56:07 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 677 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.