Dogs and Lawn Pesticides

I have a dog and have just used Ortho Max Bug B Gone granules on the lawn and flowerbeds. I watered thoroughly. When is it safe to let the dog out?

Hardiness Zone: 9b

By ddzak from Pasadena, CA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Seriously never use pesticides when you have animals unless it says animal friendly on the pack. Even the smallest amount ingested or even on the skin can make very ill or kill. I'd water every day for a week and even then watch him like a hawk and wash his feet when he comes in in case he licks any off.

Some bug products get stronger with water. I would call the 800 number on the package or look them up on internet and get information from them. I would also call my vet and see what they say.

On an aside, I looked up this further info for my sister as her doggie became ill a few years back and no longer has an auto immune system. She has to be careful of everything the dog eats, breaths and comes into contact with. (Her name is Sweet Pea and she is a dachshund) I am sure I spelled it wrong :(

Anyway, the organic way of getting rid of bugs is to use Nematodes. Look it up on google. Very informative and the way to go. They don't work as well in very hot climates like where I live in SW Florida, but I am going to give them a shot in October. Good luck with the pooch and the bugs.

Pets Dogs HealthSeptember 13, 2009
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
man using pesticide
Using Pesticides on a Vegetable Garden
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:47:12 PM on 10.0.2.254 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.