Aurique (Golden Lab)

Aurique is 9 years old and a Golden Lab (designer breed). He was dropped on my doorstep by a friend who thought we would make a good pair. Aurique's owner was going to shoot him, when he was two months old because he chased people who walked on the road. I lived in the forest, where he can't see the road. My 12-year-old Border was sick and dying, so my friend thought I needed Aurique, as much as he needed me.

Aurique loves playing in the snow and with other dogs. Mostly, he is a great therapy dog for the elderly and as a seeing eye dog. The name Aurique comes from the Latin name, meaning the golden prince.

By Winnie from Magdalen Islands, Quebec, Canada

Aurique (Golden Lab)

Looks like a Golden Retriever to me! :)

A beautiful dog and I love the name. How fortunate that circumstances happened at the right time for both of you.

He is a beautiful boy!

How lucky for your dog that he was rescued. What an idiot first owner, going to shot the dog? Geez Louise!! 8 week old pup? I hope this person never has another pet in his/her lifetime.

Your Golden Retreiver is just beautiful. I am go glad you gave him a nice home.

So glad he was saved to have a happy dog's life with you!

What a beautiful, happy boy! Seems you are both very lucky to have each other!

Talk about a horror story turning into a love story! Wow! You and Aurique are both blessed by that miracle. He is a gorgeous, wonderful dog and I wish him, and you, many wonderful years together. Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

Everything happens for a reason....Glad you found each other :)

His name suits him. A very handsome guy. Hope you both have happiness together for many many years. Give him a Great Granny Hug, Vi

We have our "Shadow" that looks almost identical to your Aurique! We bought her as a puppy because our older Golden "Teac" had a bad knee & we wanted a walking companion for my husband. Well...we had Teac's knee replaced, she is still walking the 8-10 kilometers with Shadow and my husband every morning. It looks like my husband will have to have knee surgery within the next year. We found that the "red" Retriever, Shadow has a very different personality than our older Teac (14 yrs), but if very lovable and loyal. Pets are a blessing aren't they?

Thank you for sharing Aurique with us.

I call this a calendar shot! Aurique is so beautiful and looks like he is full of energy. I like how you captured him in action and in anticipation of your next command - he is so focused! He definitely loves you as much as you love him. Thank you for sharing. I also noticed that you are from the Magdelan Islands. This is such a small world. My husband has spoken of that place with great interest. I'll have to tell him that someone from Thrifty Fun is from there.

Photos Pets DogsJanuary 23, 2008
Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Golden Birthday Invitation
Golden Birthday Invitation Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Present
Golden Birthday Present Ideas
🎄
🍂