Fans To Supplement AC

In this heat wave I am very grateful for all the fans I have all over the apartment, which supplement my little AC units! I keep the fans on overnight to cool off the place with the cooler night air. I even picked up one recently at a thrift store which I can clip on close to my computer (for $5!)

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles, CA

I, too, rely on fans. I live in South Georgia where the temperature gets over 100 a lot. I keep my thermostat set on 80 degrees, and rely on ceiling fans and floor fans to cool me off. I have a small fan in my bedroom which I turn on when I get ready to go to bed. I think I've saved on electricity this way. God bless you!

Keep them out for the winter too. Point them to an upper corner and they won't blow on you, but they will get all that nice warm air that collects on the ceiling to come back down where you want it.

Having been born in the dark ages (pre-air-conditioning) we learned to keep all the drapes closed and shades pulled down during the day and then open them after dark and place a fan in an eastern window of the house blowing OUT!

As the sun comes up the western side (cool) of the house windows are opened until it starts to get warm and then the house is shut up again.

I still do this, only turning the air on when it gets too hot for this system to work.

Woman Cooling Her Home With Additional Insulation
Cooling Your Home
Better Living Green Living CoolingSeptember 17, 2007
Hasselback Potatoes
Potato Fans Recipes
Electric Fan
Using Electric Fans
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work
Ceiling Fan
Using Ceiling Fans Year Round