Removing Ink Stains From Leather

A client of mine accidentally made a long ink pen line on the leather in my Cadillac. I tried all of the suggested removal methods and they did not remove the ink. Finally, I decided to call Dr. Vinyl in Naples, FL to have the area redyed.

The owner, Mark, first suggested applying plain Chapstick on the ink line and letting it sit for several days. It will gradually remove the ink. Remove the Chapstick. If there is still evidence of the ink, reapply the Chapstick and let it sit until the ink disappears. It worked! Remove the Chapstick with leather cleaner and apply a leather conditioner. I hope that it works for you.

By olendon from Naples, FL

An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureJune 15, 2010
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
White Leather Background
Removing Ink Stains on a White Leather Jacket
The interior of a car with brown leather seats.
Removing Ink on Leather Car Upholstery
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 6:45:22 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.