Recycle Flour Bags For Baked Goods

Recycle your flour bags by reusing them to store your homemade baked goods (cookies, pastries, etc). I carefully open the bags to begin using the flour and when its finished, I reuse the bag. If I need the bag right away, I transfer the remaining flour into a container, tap out any excess flour left inside and refill with my baked goods. If cost effective at the time, I try to buy the small bags of flour when at the market as they work best for me especially when I am sharing cookies with family and friends. They don't have to worry about returning a container, just discard the bag.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

Cookies in Flour Bag

Another great "recycle" container is waxed bags from cereals and crackers! I started saving them for popcorn, but of course they can be used for anything needing/wanting a sturdy bag-container. Just as they were meant for cereals, they keep items fresh. Fold closed, use clothespins or paper-clips (the big spring kind) to keep "sealed."

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Photos FoodJuly 27, 2008
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
All Purpose Flour
What is All Purpose Flour?
Cake Flour
Using Cake Flour
Bread Machine
Recipes Using All Purpose Flour in Bread Machine