Birthday Ideas for a 2 Year Old

I need some ideas for a 2 year old birthday party or something to do around at home.

By Stacey from Hempstead, NY

Answers

Select a theme and work according to the theme.

Make a cd or dvd with nursery rhymes to handover to kids.

Get a clown if you can afford.

Get red noses.

Paint on their faces.

Make party packs.

Make some colourful hats.

Play simple games.

March 14, 2010 Flag

My son will be two on the 16th and I want to have a pizza party at home. What other ideas do you have for us? He likes Spiderman, Shrek, Nemo and all animals. I ask him which one and he says all of them.

Melissa

Answers:

Birthday Ideas for a 2 Year Old

My sister had a really cute idea. She is doing a Stitch party (from Lilo and Stitch) and having a luau. She will have the movie on the TV and then will buy all the different color plates, napkins, etc. Much cheaper than buying all the themed plates, cups, and decorations.

My son just turned 2 and we did Blue's Clues. I got the decorations and some balloons and then 1 pack of the themed plates and mixed them with matching plain light blue. I had my son's party at the park, easy clean up. Pizza definitely works the best, I did that for his first and second birthday. He really wanted a Dora party, but it is so girl oriented as far as decorations and even the toys. Just pick one and he will be thrilled. (08/09/2004)

By Dawn

Birthday Ideas for a 2 Year Old

Rather than buying into a commercial theme from a movie or TV character, choose a generic theme like "firemen", circus, dogs, etc. or something else he likes. Use generic paper goods and do games and favors with the theme, i.e. pin the puppy on the doghouse, squirt the fire (picture or maybe candle) with a water squirter. (08/09/2004)

By Linda

Birthday Ideas for a 2 Year Old

I am planning my daughter's birthday, which is on September 11th. She loves Dora the Explorer. Fortunately I found the Nick Jr. site and they had all kinds of Dora themes. I also was able to print out invitations from their site and all kinds of great ideas for her party. It's going to be the "Dora pirate adventure theme". She will absolutely love it, I hope.

I went to Party City and they did not have anything that deals with Dora pirate theme, so I printed all kinds of Dora pirate images and clipart that I could find and am going to work around it. Also I am going to just buy cheap plates and cups to match the colors of the theme. It's actually really fun to plan it this way. I am not breaking the bank and it's something I know that she'll really enjoy. Good luck. (08/12/2005)

By Gina

Birthday Ideas for a 2 Year Old

My daughter will be two years old in March. We just went to a birthday party for a 4 year old that was a princess party theme, with tea and little party favors such as tiaras, rings, bracelets, etc., but my daughter really wasn't that into it. I thought about doing a similar theme, but now I'm not so sure.

A friend gave me the idea to go to a tumbling place and rent the room for a day and just let the group of girls play and pretend they know how to do tumbling when in all reality, rolling on a mat is just as fun. I'll be bringing things such as cookies and got a bunch of non leak cups with lids for drinks, easy clean up and kids love cookies. It's not too over the top and she can play all she wants and wear herself out.

All the parents that come bring their camera and have a memory of their daughters learning how to tumble. It's great for winter months when you just don't have the weather for a pool party or the space in your house for a bunch of kids. There are a lot of kids who on a regular basis don't get the opportunity to do tumbling, so even on my daughter's birthday she can still give something back to her guests. (01/07/2009)

By Ashley

2 Year Old Birthday Party
2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMarch 14, 2010
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
17 Year Old Birthday Party
17 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Four year old blowing out birthday candles.
4th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄