Comet Holmes Now Visible

Just want to tell everybody, for the next 2 weeks you can see a comet in the sky. Look to the northeast. If you have a clear horizon, you can see it around 8:00 ET. If not, you'll have to wait until 9 or 10. It will be visible all night.

To the naked eye or binoculars, it will look like a big, white fuzzy ball. Through a telescope, it is spectacular! Comets are very unpredictable, they can suddenly dim, even dim to the point that they are no longer visible, so get a look while you can!

Joan from Chesapeake

Editor's Note: This is Comet Holmes. Here is a link to a website that has more information, if you are interested.

I saw this comet today. I got up earlier than usual and the weather is very clear and cold right now. Sure enough, there was a really big bright "star" to the northeast. Now I know what it is, I'll have to look for it again tonight!

Jess in Portland, OR

Last week, Comet 17P/Holmes shocked sky watchers around the world with a sudden million-fold increase in brightness. It literally exploded into view, rapidly becoming a naked eye "star" in the constellation Perseus. Since then the comet has expanded dramatically. It is now physically larger than the planet Jupiter and subtends an angle in the night sky similar to the Moon's Sea of Tranquility, the right eye of the "Man in the Moon." Photographers, this amazing comet is an excellent target for off-the-shelf digital cameras and backyard telescopes. It grows visibly from night to night and no one knows how large it will become. Stay tuned to http://spaceweather.com for sky maps and the latest ima

Thanks so much for the heads up. I'll be outside tonight watching for this comet. The last comet I saw was Hale-Bopp in 1997, I think it was. That was spectacular.

Thank you so much for posting. It was so easy to find and view. It was amazing to see and share with my kids. Thanks again!

EntertainmentNovember 2, 2007
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Spider Veins
Spider Vein Remedies
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
Buy Now, Pay Later Catalogs
A pregnant golden retriever.
Determining If Your Dog Is Pregnant
🎉
🎄