Cleaning Pet Urine Stains and Odors From a Tile Floor

Removing urine stains and odors from flooring can be a challenge. This guide is about cleaning pet urine stains and odors from a tile floor.

cat on a tile floor
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have ceramic tile in my kitchen and dark carpet in other parts of my home. I can't see the where the pets pee on the carpet unless I see them. What can I use to clean tile and remove stains and clean the carpet to get rid of the odor?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello,

Use an ENZYME based pet odor and stain remover. I've used a few brands, they all have worked. Find it on Amazon or your local stores...any store that sells cleaning product should carry it.

Also, you can use a blacklight to find stains on your dark carpet. The urine will fluoresce.

Good luck!

I have a Florida room that I keep my 4 (don't ask) little dogs in at night. The floor is tile and I have to mop the floor every day. What is the best way to mop this floor that will neutralize the smell?

Also, does anyone know, what is the best way to keep the dogs from "using" the floor of this room as their potty? They have a doggie door that takes them right to their dog pen. Should I try taking their food and water away from them at night or what?

I am at my wits end. I love them all but the constant cleaning is killing me. They are all adopted so I will not get rid of any of them as they are my babies.

TIA
    Cookiepom

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Agree with the poster who mentioned crating your furbabies at night; they will probably protest at first, but it sure beats mopping up urine all over the place every morning.

See you're from the South, too-- Publix has a really inexpensive product in the pet food aisle called Pet Select PEE-PEE; it comes in a fairly large bottle and is for odor and stain removal.

We picked this up--not for my dog, thank heaven-- when a friend's dog came over and puddled all over the place. Worked great!

Dependent upon how big that room is, I'd pick up a couple of bottles ( under $20), block the dogs' access to the floor, spread it full-strength on it so it seeps into the grout and let it sit for about a half-hour.

Mop that up and then follow the bottle directions and mop again and rinse.

This stuff really is excellent and I've also used it as a stain pre-treat for normal laundry!

Read More Answers...

I would like to know how to remove pet urine stains and smells on tile floors without taking up the old floors and having them redone.

By Lanissa from Gulfport, MS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try soaking a rag in white vinegar, and putting it on the stains to soak for several hours or overnight, rewetting the rag if needed. Then wipe clean. This has worked for me. Apparently acetic acid is stronger than uric acid. Kaboom bathroom cleaner( the one that turns from blue to white when the surface is clean) also seems to work well on cereamic tile around the toilet.

Read More Answers...

How can I remove urine stains from a tile floor?

By Doreen from A. from Santa Ana, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Denture Tablet with hot water, let it sit for a while or overnight. Then wipe clean.

How do I get the smell of animal urine off tile flooring?

By Kayr

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know about cat urine, but someone on this site recommended Suave Juicy Green Apple shampoo to get human urine smells off and out of ceramic tile around a commode.

I don't have ceramic tile, but bought it anyway in case we get them someday.

I don't know where you live but here are the details for Suave:

www.suave.com

1-800-782-8301

distributed by Unilever

Chicago, Illinois 60601, USA

Lots of luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 25, 2013
    Dog Urinating Outdoors
    Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
    Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
    Cleaning Textured Flooring
    Cleaning Dirty Tile
    Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
    cleaning products on a floor
    Cleaning Pet Urine Odors on Floors
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 1:11:26 PM on 10.0.2.139 in 642 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.