Cleaning a Microwave Over the Stove

Does anyone have any idea on how to clean the vents on the front of your over the stove microwave? I am guessing it is where the fan blows through and it feels like grease or something has settled in the vents and I cannot figure out how to clean that area. Thanks.

By Lisa from St. Charles, MO

I use Krud Kutter, available at Lowe's, full strength on those vents. Spray a little on Q-tips, then wipe onto grease. May take a few swipes, but works like a charm!

I used to use a butter knife with a rag over it. Then, after nine years I accidentally discovered that the whole vent part can be snapped off, like the grill at the bottom of a refrigerator. See if yours can be taken off. Then you can spray it down and clean it with a brush in the bathtub. A lot easier!

Cleaning a Microwave
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesSeptember 14, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cleaning a Burnt Microwave
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave