Removing Moss From Roof

I recently had my mossy roof sprayed with Spray and Forget and now have a roof covered with dead moss. How do I get this off? It looks worse than when it was green, even though I know this is better. I'd like to know how to get rid of it. Thanks.

By Joan from Rangeley Plantation, ME

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

This is from the Popular Mechanics website: www.popularmechanics.com/home/improvement/outdoor.../4217233

They suggested killing the moss then get on the roof with a pressure washer and starting at the top of the roof, spray down the roof

I need to add a warning on killing the moss. Do not use Tide or bleach as these will shorten the life of the roof considerably.

Bleach is what most, if not all, roofing shingle manufacturers recommend using on their products, what you don't want to use is elbow grease... and careful not to sweep away any granules which keep the shingles doing their jobs, if your not exactly sure on how to deal with moss on your roof, hire someone who does.

Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
Home and Garden Home Improvement RoofSeptember 5, 2010
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Lots of Moss on Roof
Preventing and Removing Moss from Your Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:41:32 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.