In Memory of Dukane (Doberman)

contest winner icon

This is my Dukane, my Doberman in his last picture taken before he was put down on Oct 3rd. He had liver cancer.

He was such a loving dog to the family. He loved to play football outside and play with his sister, Tessa the Yorkie.

He was so cute, I had to get him. We had him for 8 loving years and I loved to dress him up for any holidays and for the Packers games.

We miss him so much. Life will go on but hard to cope without my Doberman, Dukane King.

Love Sheila and Tessa from Fond du Lac, WI

Dukane550x300.jpg

I'm so sorry Sheila. Dukane looks so sweet, and I'm sure his personality was as big as his heart.

Again, so sorry.

Putting an animal down is never easy, but I read something that helps me get through it. I read that if you lose an animal either at a young age or older, it is because they have experienced all the love they came here to experience and then they had to go. Just know that Dukane experienced a great deal of love from you and your family and you will see him again someday

I am sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy. May you find comfort in your special memories of him.

What a beautiful dog! Just remember the love you two shared and how lucky the both of you were to have each other. He looked so very happy.

I share your pain. I lost a German Shep a year ago and a dachshund last spring. It's just heartbreaking to lose them. I always stencil a stepping stone in the yard in their memory. It seems to make me feel better. I love my pets. They make life so much better. Duke is a beautiful boy. So sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. Just be happy for the time you got with him. He was a beautiful dog.

My deepest sympathies. I have a particular soft spot for Dobis and Pits. They are so lovable and easy to train but because of bad media sensationalism instead of fact based journalism these guys are vilified and have a tough time when they end up in shelters...all from bad and less than factual PR.

I lost my beloved dobi-pit mix almost a year ago due to intestinal obstruction and a bad vet. It takes a very long time for the pain to ease. I still avoid going into the yard where he's buried.

Hi Sheila,

I know the bond you have with your sweet Dukane is life lasting and will bring you comfort and happy memories in the days to come. He was truly blessed with your love and friendship. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

hi, everyone i want to thank you for all the nice sympathy notes hugs

sheila.

My heart aches terribly for you. I also lost a GSD-Dobie mix to liver disease at the age of 8. Maggie also loved to dress up and was a real ham like Dukane. I took her to the nursing home for visits every week for several years until she became too ill to do so. Letting Maggie go was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I thought I would never stop crying after I had her put to sleep. A year later I found another dog that needed a home. I felt that the greatest way to honor Maggie was to give another animal all the love I had been giving Maggie. Kato has been with me for 5 years now ( he's 11 & 1/2 yrs. old ) and is such a comfort to me. I'm sure Maggie is pleased! I hope you too, will someday be able to love another dog though you will never forget Dukane. He will live forever in your heart!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Sorry to hear about Dukane. Just had to put my doberman Tess down for the same reason on the 19/11/08 she was only 5. It is so sad it is the hardest thing I have had to do and my heart goes out to you all. Brian

So sorry to read of your loss. We also had to put our beloved lab mix, Suzie, to sleep. It happend on December 6th. She had a large tumor in her chest. She was 11 years old, but we had hoped to have her for several more years. So very sad and painful, hard to bear. She slept in our bed and was a very loving, sweet girl. But it's our responsibility when the time comes to do the right thing.

It 2:15am in the morning and im thinking of my old Doberman tess, she passed away at a young age of 4 years, Renal Failure, it was the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my life. I still miss the dog 5 years later. Sorry to hear about your loss of Dukane, they are such amazing Gods creatures!

Doberman Pinscher
Doberman Pinscher Breed Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesNovember 6, 2008
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
🎄