Are Calamine and Scalpicin Safe to Use on Cats?

Our cat has dermatitis. The vet prescribed Prednisone, and we're not sure if it helped. I would like to try Calamine or Scalpicin for his itching. It may be that he now is in the habit of scratching when perhaps he doesn't actually have an itch. Would those medications hurt him if he licks them off?

By Carla from Greensboro, NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

There are so many ingredients that could be harmful so please ask your vet to be sure it would be safe!

No to pred. Nzymes.com Nzyme granules 877 816 6500. Clean diet. No corn wheat or soy.

I cannot use Scalpacin on myself so i would not use it on my cat. I use prescription cortizones on my own skin. Scalpacin makes the itch worse for me. Please do exactly as your vet has recommended. I am sure if there were something better, he would have suggested it. After all, HE is the expert and that is why you hired him.

Pets CatsDecember 6, 2009
A cat in a house plant.
Keeping Cats Out of House Plants
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dog in Grass
Insect Repellents Safe for Use Around Pets
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:42:20 PM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.