Paper Stuck to a Photo

I have a photo that got slightly damp and some paper is now stuck to my picture where it was wet. Does anyone know how to get the paper off without damaging the picture?

Jessica from Marion, NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Actually, you can probably soak the photo in water. When it is soaked through, remove the paper that is stuck. The photo can then be air dried or dried with a hairdryer. There is a very good possibility that the photo will have a tendency to curl afterwards though.

I worked for a printing company and rinsing photos with water is part of the printing process.

If this is a computer-printed photo done with printer ink, the water will only damage it further.

I used to develop and print my own photos. Take the photo and soak it in a container of lukewarm water. Handle it carefully. You should be able to get the unwanted paper off it. Take the photo up above the pan, shake it...then clothespin it to a line of string strung most anywhere...like between two chair backs. Once it has dried very well, you might have to put it between two heavy books to make it lie flat.

Janet Hounsell

Try Creative Memories Web site and or ask them I was a Consultant and they have great resources for restoring pictures.

An excellent product for that problum is called Undo. You can find it in any craft store. I have also seen it in Lowes. Walmart also carries it. I hope this helps. Janette

old photos
Removing Paper Stuck to a Photo
Home and Garden Repair OtherMay 11, 2007
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:45:58 PM on 10.0.2.47 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.