Fourth of July T-Shirts

My boys and I love this time of year because we love to make things for July 4th. This is what we did last year. We made stars and stripes shirts.

I bought white t-shirts from my local craft store, red and blue fabric paint, and a t-shirt cardboard. I used some wide masking tape to lay straight down and left a space in between for the white part for the stripe. We stamped with blue paint onto the star image (I made a sponge stamp) and stamped the stars across the top of the shirt. The we painted the red stripes for the flag. You'll need to let it dry a day before you wear it. Then take the masking tape off. The cardboard t-shirt template is to use inside the t-shirt so the paint doesn't seep through the back.The boys ended up wearing these for July 4th. Now, I am thinking of something to do for this year.

By Bonnie from Norman, OK

Hi, cute tee shirt. Do you make any to sell? Let me know, thanks.

If you can't find the cardboard flats to lay inside the shirt, or don't want to buy one, I have used newspaper, and old magazines, in a pinch. I was painting shirts long before I found the cardboard to put inside the shirt. A person could even cut a cardboard box to size.

Patriotic garden ball
Fourth Of July Crafts
Photos CraftsJune 27, 2008
Red, White, and Blue Jello Parfait
Red, White, and Blue Jello Parfait
finished wreath
Making a 4th of July Mesh Wreath
garland in progress
Making a 4th of July Scrap Fabric Garland
Fourth of July Doughnuts
Fourth of July Recipes