Sanitize Your Home

If someone is sick in your home or you are worried about the swine-flu, here's a tip: Take a small spray bottle and fill it with plain rubbing alcohol. Now spray everything your family touches: Door knobs (inside and out), light switches, toilet flushing handle, keyboard and mouse, microwave buttons, refrigerator door handle, cupboards and knobs, steering wheel and shifter, your car's armrest, car keys, TV remote, your kids toys and joy stick and any other place it's safe to spray that your family frequently touches!

I've always done this when someone in my household is sick but my roommate thought I was crazy. I bet she's doing the same thing now that we have a possible killer flu pandemic!

* Also don't forget to wash your hands often and keep them away from your nose and eyes! And if you do get sick, it's best to cough into your sleeve and not into your hand like we were taught. This spreads less germs!

By Cyinda

I use water and a little bleach in a spray bottle, but I spray it on a rag, then wipe door handles, etc. Less drips and over-spray.

I use peroxide in a spray bottle. It's also good for killing ants.

I've read where white vinegar is good for sanitizing, so, I keep a alcohol (90% proof) in one spray bottle, and the white vinegar in the other. My family works in the public, (hospital, and restaurant, and truck driver), I MAKE SURE to sanitize! But, this is also true when any of us go out in public. I read where the most germy place is the handle of a shopping cart. So, we can all track in sickness. When you sanitize handles and door knobs, don't forget to do the handles on the frig, and the button panel on the microwave, and also, sink faucet handles.

Too bad we can't spray the PC keyboard. But, one habit I've had since my kids were little, wash your hands as soon as you come in the door. I also carry a bottle of dry hand sanitizer with me in my purse, (the kind you can use w/o water). My family already knows we will "pass the bottle" when we load in the car a lot of times when we've been in germy places. We are in the ministry, and we love those folks, but, yes, you've got to be careful. My family is rarely sick, Thank the Lord.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 14, 2009
Vacationing At Home, Vacationing at home by camping in the backyard.
Vacationing At Home
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
Insulating Your Home, Insulation Ready to Be Installed
Insulating Your Home
Stack of clean towels.
Sanitizing Towels