Denture Tablet for Cleaning

Denture tablets work wonders for cleaning glassware, ceramic type ware, and tile. Dissolve a couple of tablets into a sink of hot water and wash glasses sparkling clean. I drop one into the toilet bowl. It also works on the bathroom sink, bathtub, and tile.

Drop one into a vase after the flowers have completed their cycle and the tablets clean up the vase. Ceramic type baking dishes such as Corningware are easily cleaned with one tablet and hot water. Do not use for stainless steel. I purchase a large bulk box of a store or generic brand, cheapest!

Source: My aunt passed this tip to me when she was cleaning up some old bottles she had collected.

By zippypotter from Ojai Valley, CA

Those things are amazingly useful, aren't they? They're also good for cleaning out vases with necks too small to get your hand into. Plop-plop, fizz-fizz, a quick rinse, and it's clean!

April 20, 2010 Flag

This tip maintains drains and keeps toilet bowls clean. I stumbled across this when I was desperate one evening with a stopped up drain.

Break up 1 denture cleaning tablet and let fall into drain let sit (there should be a bit of water in the trap to dissolve it). Then run hot water down the drain. Presto! the effervescence from the tablet opened the clog. Now I use one tablet per week to keep them open and running clearly.

I throw 2 denture cleaning tabs in the toilet and let sit for about 15-30 minutes and come back, flush, clean bowl!

By Lisa from Warren, MI

Denture Tablet for Cleaning

Thanks! I will definitely be using this tip which is very handy since we always have denture tabs in the house. Thanks again. (10/10/2008)

By Mommapatty

Denture Tablet
Cleaning Uses for Denture Tablets
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 20, 2010
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
A denture tablet submerged in water.
Storing Denture Tablets
Making a Recycled Vinyl Record Tablet Holder
Denture Cleaner
Denture Cleaner Recipes