Packing Picnic Food For A Trip

My boyfriend lives out of state, and I'm flying down to meet him for an overnight trip. Does anyone have any picnic ideas I can pack and bring with me?

Here's my perimeters: I'm allergic to eggs, dairy and gluten/wheat. We won't have a refrigerator, though I can pack a small cooler with frozen things in my suitcase and check my suitcase.

I know my requirements are annoying, but I've wracked my brain and come up blank Could be because it's the end of the school year and I have report cards to finish! I'd hate to waste one precious second with him navigating traffic and dining out.

Shellee from Carson City, NV

How about a grilled chicken, steak or salmon salad? Just wash and dry your greens, pack some dressing in small containers or maybe get some" to go "packets from your deli./ You could even freeze whatever meat or fish you'd like to use and wrap it in foil. By the time you get to your destination it will probably have thawed out and be just right.Throw in some cold beverages and some of your own safe to eat snacks and you are set. Have a safe trip!

You should try recipegoldmine. YOu can get recipes for certain dietary restrictions there. Here is the link for gluten free recipes. Good luck with your trip. Hope you and your man have a wonderful time.

black bean dip or salad, corn tortillas,cheese---if you have some heat source to melt the cheese. Corn chips and salad, deli meat or fajita steak or chicken with salsa and the same chips. Guacamole ( check for other options...type in gluten-free). Have a great time. There's also ham and cheese with rice crackers.

I love raw, unsalted cashews, which I buy in bulk, a kilo at a time, and transfer to a lunch box, muesli bars, bananas and other fruit. If you take sultanas or dried fruit, wash first, as it gets the grit out.

Keep a bottle of cold water with you, and refill every chance you get. Borrow a story tape or CD from the library because you'll be between your fave stations on the radio. And take your own soap, antiseptic wipes, first aid kit and toilet paper in separate zip-lock bags, "just in case".

Suggest, too, that you 'phone him at certain major areas, pre-arranged. No matter the temptation, DO NOT USE your mobile whilst driving unless you are being threatened by another driver. Recent statistics show that using a cell phone is equivalent to being drunk whilst in charge of a vehicle. And enjoy your private "me" time, as well as the anticipation of seeing your boyfriend. Rest if you get sleepy. Remember, he would rather see you arriving alive but late than see you in a coffin or hospital bed. Sorry, I'm a Mum, it comes with the territory. lol

OK again! What's a picnic without fried chicken. PERFECT luke warm. So pack it VERY COLD with an ice pack. Hard boiled eggs,a box of fresh strawberries a container of soft chocolate and ask him to bring a cold bottle of bubbly! Then ENJOY!

Packing for a Trip
Packing for a Trip
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 30, 2008
Group having a picnic.
Church Picnic Theme Ideas
Red and white checked picnic blanket.
Making a Picnic Blanket
Small packed suitcase open against a white background
Packing Light When Traveling
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase