New Year's Resolution: Be A Better Person

contest winner icon

A suggestion was broached here at ThriftyFun regarding sharing our personal New Years resolutions. My New Years resolution is to pray and practice daily (365), even on a bad day, to work harder to do the best humanly possible to think and act kindly and thoughtfully in every single little aspect of life towards all others in every single situation. We are each definitely just a little tiny drop in the bucket but each of our bucket drops will help make this world a much better place to be!

And I truly believe that if 'we all' would just take a deep breath and 'walk a mile' in other human beings, animal beings and our earths environmental shoes with a smile and thankful collective prayers that we could make a huge difference! This includes how you talk to and treat strangers or your children or spouse or your checker at your local market and even when in a hurry trying to get to or from somewhere/anywhere in your car!

We are all connected and each of us can make a positive difference in even the tiniest actions that we make! I do try really hard already but even more prayer and thoughtfulness is my resolution and I pray this is food for thought for you to practice this as your New Years Resolution too :-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Amen.

Excellent! How often a little thing has made a big difference in someone's life, thank you for reminding us... and thank you for being the one to make that difference for someone today. :^)

Amen, Deeli!

Thank you! I guess we all need to be reminded from time to time. Thank you so much.

Wonderful! Thank you.

Amen! Deeli.

A little kindness goes a long way. Faith and trust in God makes us all a little better. If each one of us tries just a little, our corner will be brighter. That light, might just shine on the next corner.

Thanks for sharing.

Deeli, you are so right! I don't know what this world is coming to anymore. I just stay home and enjoy all of my animals. I am sending a picture of Jay. I know you remember him. He is doing great! I hope it come's through. Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks, Deeli

Deeli, thanks for this reminder, my sister the cashier would especially love it if more people took your tip to heart!

I've already been working on this for several years. My personal philosophy is, if you find someone without a smile, give him (her) one of yours. My resolution for this year is different: to work on reducing my and hubby's personal debt loads. Time is growing short, and I'd love to "owe no man anything but to love one another," as the Bible instructs. (Romans 13:8a.)

Wow! How nice to be associated with so many wonderful people! You're so right, Deeli, let's all combine to make a difference this year! I'm committed :-)

This is the perfect new year resolution! Thanks, Deeli.

My resolution from years back that I haven't fallen down on yet, is to accept myself for the person I am in the moment. I believe that every person does the best he or she can to get his or her needs met. That being a human's highest goal, and when I don't like the consequences of my choices, I practice self forgiveness.

Ain't no "prayin'" involved, no "tryin'", no wailing and gnashing of teeth, no judgemental stance.

I love being a philosopher.

My husband and I run a food cupboard. It would be wonderful if each month a family could buy a few extra things to take to their local food cupboard. Some only get small donations from outside, but need much more. Staples are always welcome, but so are things like dish soap, shampoo, a bar or two of soap or some rolls of toilet paper. Also helpful are toothbrushes and toothpaste. I try to buy dish soap at the Dollar Store - 30 oz. for a dollar. These are items not available with food stamps, but very necessary anyway. There is always a need for money as well. We could be in that same position if circumstances in our lives were different. There are many ways you can help if you give it a little thought.

amen

It is a reminder to pray and meditate which keeps me centered and off my own stuff. Putting myself in someone elses shoes is a good thing. I am in a situation where people have a lot of anger about their situation and being thoughtful is important and I need to be cognizant of it.

New Years Resolutions
Making New Year Resolutions
Better Living InspirationalJanuary 6, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Centaur Costume
A woman altering a blouse.
Making a Blouse Fit Better
Computer Monitor
Adjusting the Resolution on a Computer Monitor
A girl who can't find her parents.
Teaching a Child What to Do if They are Lost
🎉
🎄