Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is ten in 3 weeks, what to do?

By Isabelle from Seattle, WA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How about a Tie-Dyed party? I'll give you links to show you how to do shirts...make magnets, tie-dye cake, psychedelic ice cream.

Invites: "Here's a party you'll be "DYE-ING" to go to!"..(then give details...make the invite a shirt that they open for the info.

Shirts (craft stores sell them for $2 each)..how to do it and supplies:

This link from Familyfun.go (Disney) has all the info for the above-mentioned projects here>>

http://familyfun.go.com/parties/a-tie-dyed-party-704529/

Have balloons and streamers to match your dye-color theme. Fun games can be: M&M Hunt game (a treasure hunt where baggies of M&M's are hidden and each color has a point value, but girls don't know until the end when they're all counted!)>>

http://www.easy-party-ideas-and-games.com/mm-hunt.html

Relay Race with Balloons: pairs of girls put a balloon between their backs and have to rush going sideways to the "finish line" and dump the balloon into a basket...if it drops, they start over. Have 2 teams.

Remember to provide large baggies for girls to carry home their shirts (will need to dry for 24 hrs)...instructions should be on the familyfun.go site for how to do them.

Party store also sells tie-dye plates, etc...or can use Peace sign.

Take lots of pics...and girls can use their new "Magnets" to hold up a pic of them from the party on their fridge when they get home!

Why don't you ask your daughter what she wants?

IF and that is a big IF this year in Seattle, the weather is nice, why not do a picnic at the Seattle Center by the fountain. Dress them up, put on Tiaras and let them just run around outside. Maybe some organized games. OR if it is in your budget, take them to the Queen Mary Tea Room. Every time I go there I see the dressed up young girls having parties. And the desserts are amazing!

Why not do a movie themed party? I recommend the movie Minor Details if your daughter is up for a mystery. There is a lot of fun you can have at this party.

You should take her/him to powerplay.

Go with a sleepover and get them to paint nails, do their hair, and dressup. You won't go wrong with that.

You could do a birthday party at home with a sleepover and a pizza or swimming for 2.20 for a child at a time of 1 hour or £112 dor a party hour.

Answer

Her birthday is in two weeks and we don't know where to have her birthday party. We can't have it at our house. Any suggestions?

By AC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love Kansas Cindy's ideas! Also, check out the local playground. If you have some money to spend on this, maybe the bowling alley, especially since a lot of these have kids' specials in the summer and you can get a really good deal. The town pool might be a good idea - a lot of them are free for residents, and many of them have picnic tables. If you live in an area that has a lake or a beach, that might be fun. Really, any pretty picnic area would work. Happy 10th birthday! :)

Read More Answers...

What do I do for my ten year olds birthday party? I can't think of anything do. If you know what I can do, I will need good things and twenty things, ASAP. Thanks.

By Netia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go bowling!

My 10 year old daughter is having a slumber party. Her party is Justin Bieber themed and we might have a spa. Does anyone have any cheap, but fun ideas?

Thanks.

By Maya from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

You will have to beg a few of your friends for help with this, but you could do the "spa" in stations. You have one for manicure, one for pedicure, one for hair, one for make up, and one for dressing. (Bieber music playing in the background of course) When they are done they could have a "mocktail" party with hors d'oeuvre and have them rehearse for a talent show, with all Bieber music of course. Make sure you video it all for later! (03/05/2011)

By Compltlyme

Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

The spa ideas in the above post are great. To me, a music educator, a Justin Bieber theme means music and more music! Plan a few activities around Bieber tunes:

1. Dance and freeze - One person is in control of turning the music on and off. Every time the music is off, everyone freezes (for about 5-10 seconds) then the music starts again, etc. until the end of the song.

2. Get crepe paper streamer rolls in various favorite colors. Cut them in 3 ft. lengths. Put on a song and dance with the streamers.
  3. Everybody Wins-style musical chairs - Put one person in charge of the CD player. Make a row or circle of chairs, one less chair than the number of players. Everyone else walks around the chairs. When the music stops everyone sits in a chair. Two people will have to sit in one chair. Start the music again and remove a chair. At the end, everyone will be sitting in or touching a chair! It is good for lots of laughs!
  4. Buy a few of those toy echo microphones and put out some fun clothes for dress up. Yes, even 10 year old "cool" girls still enjoy boas, scarves, hats, sunglasses, high heels, etc. Put on a well-known Bieber song that everyone can sing along with and everyone is a performer!
  5. Collect a bunch of stuffed animals from the birthday girl's room. These will serve as "dance partners". Put on a slow dance song for dancing to.
(03/08/2011)

By brickyardcove

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday party?

By Reena from Moga, India

Answers:

Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

For my daughter's tenth birthday I let her invite five girls to spend the night. First I took them out for pizza, then we went bowling. When we got home, they each got to decorate their own T-shirt. I had purchased T-shirts (at Wal-mart), cardboard shirt forms (from a fabric store), inexpensive brushes, craft paints, and all sorts of rhinestones, etc. from a craft store. (You can watch for sales and use coupons to get these items for less, if you plan ahead).

This took them quite some time (as you know, they like to stay up late at parties), kept them busy, and they had a blast doing it. We left the shirts in the forms overnight and the girls got to wear them home the next day. (If they weren't dry, they took them home in the form.) The girls loved this and had a great memento of the party. (Much better than a goody bag.) (You could also do a dinner at home and skip the bowling to save even more.) (10/26/2010)

By PDG

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm am having a party for my 9 year old daughter who will be turning 10 in 3 weeks. She keeps thinking of what to do because she wants it to be the best party ever. She was thinking of the movie theater or games, wiener roast, fire works, and presents. Any ideas?

By Joyce from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

Try a sleepover a day before and all the girls decide a theme and it should work. (08/18/2010)

By asialee

Girl's 10th Birthday Party Ideas

Your daughter seems to be full of ideas. I would just let her do all the planning, and you just carry out the ideas and so on. Let her have whatever she likes, as long as it is reasonable and not beyond your budget.

You could have her pick a theme to decorate with. I don't know what girls are into these days. Or just do streamers and balloons. I used to use wedding decorations (bells and doves) that I got at yard sales.

With boys, in the summer, I would suggest water pistols and water balloons, but maybe the gals want something more ladylike.

I don't think you can go wrong with a movie if there is one they are anxious to see. (08/20/2010)

By louel53

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know what games or themes to plan for my daughter's 10th birthday. Any ideas?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm having my daughter's 10th luau birthday party. I was looking for some games to play outside, some water games. There will be boys and girls, ages 7 to 12. Any tips?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have no idea what to do for a 10 year old girl's birthday party.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need ideas for my 10 year old daughter's birthday.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
10th Birthday Cake.
10th Birthday Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayApril 20, 2011
13 year old gift ideas
Gift Ideas for a 13 Year Old Girl
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dutch Girl Costume
Flower Girl Smiling in Front of Bride and Groom
Frugal Flower Girl Tips
American Girl Doll With White Hat, Braids and Sweater
Saving Money on an American Girl Doll
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 8:07:31 AM on 10.0.2.213 in 596 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.