Be Careful What Hair Chemicals You Use While on Medication

My daughter has VERY curly, heavy hair. She has always flat ironed and dyed it. She began to turn grey very young (runs in the family).

Well, she decided to try something different. She went to a store and got a box of chemical straightener for African Americans. We are Caucasian. I had no idea she was going to do this. She's an adult anyway but at times she does ask for advice on things. I would have thought she would, since she takes this trait after me and I was always ironing or straightening my hair at her age.

Anyway, the chemicals burned her scalp and she ended up in the emergency room with 1st and 2nd degree burns! She's on several meds for a condition she has and that mostly caused it to happen. When she called the hospital nurse line and told her this and what meds she's on, they said to get there immediately! She was given several shots, both for pain and infection. So, be careful what you do with your hair when you are on meds! She sure learned a lesson.

Ariela from Jax, FL

Too bad for your daughter ! I am curious - what type of medications was she on?

My daughter has severe migrains.. to the point that she would

pass out. Shes on Inderal which is for high blood pressure... but

it helps migrains.. also shes on prozac and zanax for stress to

reduce migrains.

Health & Beauty AdviceJanuary 10, 2008
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:30:13 PM on 10.0.0.167 in 959 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.