Keep an Errand Tote By the Door

Keep a tote bag somewhere near your door. Put anything in it that needs to be taken out of the house. I keep a file folder in mine for lists and other paper items I don't want to get messed up. This is also useful for dishes or other belongings to be returned to someone, library books to be returned, something you want to take to your vehicle such as a new pen or tablet or the new vehicle registration, a small bottle of water to drink on trips or wash your hands with, outgoing mail, coupons to use at various stores, your To Buy List, a magazine, newspaper or internet articles you want to read if you get stuck in traffic or a waiting room, items needing to be returned to a store, dry cleaning, etc. It keeps you organized and is handy to grab on your way out the door.

By Jayne

That is a good idea...I also do that kind of idea with baskets hooked to the side of the stairs. I have different baskets for different rooms of the house. That way when I go upstairs I just grab the different baskets and put them away. I have one that is for the bathroom...I mostly have lotions and tissues and asprin...I rarely take it upstairs since I use it frequently.

That sparked an idea for me....awesome!

Organized Garage
Organizing Tips and Tricks
Organizing Saving TimeSeptember 14, 2004
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Someone pushing a shopping cart quickly.
Saving Time by Planning Errands
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag