Browsing: Identifying Small Black Bugs

Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

What are those very small, 1/16 round, with flat bottom, black and some with spots, bugs I've found on my kitchen floor? Usually in large groups. Most are under the dishwasher.

You really have to watch closely to see them move.

By Tracy from Cleveland, OH

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

You might look at them with a magnifier, and then research carpet beetles. Good Luck!

Best Answer

They are flour mites. The seek out damp warm places where there is dry food.

I am having the same problem with these tiny insects! They are only showing up after I run the dishwasher!! I am a very very clean person and have no other problems with bugs in my house. These little guys are only under the dishwasher and no where else. Please! I need help figuring out what the heck they are and how to get rid of them!

no

Most likely those are springtails

August 12, 2014 Flag

I have had these tiny bugs on my kitchen floor for 5 days now. I've used fogger bombs, and boric acid around perimiter of floor. I sweep. They seem to be coming out from fridge and stove sides. Nothing seems to be working. Please help me get rid of them. They don't jump or fly. There are hundreds of them.

By Roxane C.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can you post a picture of them? I take it they are not ants, which are very bad this year in many parts of the US.

We had the same problem and it turned out to be weevils, the tiny bugs that are in flour, rice, grains, etc. We emptied out the pantry and sure enough that is were they were coming from. We threw out the foods that had the bugs, cleaned out the pantry and now they are finally gone. You can google "weevils" and find out how to get rid of these little pests.

I have tiny black bugs in one area of my kitchen floor (under a pantry cabinet). They move around and are now starting to climb up my window. They seem to have many legs, but it's hard to see because they are so tiny. They almost look like midget ticks. Help.

May 30, 2014 Flag

I have black bugs on the cabinets, occasionally on the counter or around my sink. How can they be killed? I how can I stop them from returning? closeup of a bug on white background bug on white and pink background

By Char

Try using diatomaceous earth. It is available from Home Depot or Lowes. Ask for the "food grade" type - which is non toxic and will not harm children or animals. Sprinkle it along the back of your counters and around the baseboards or anywhere you see the bugs coming from. It is very good for deterring all kinds of crawling bugs and you don't have to worry about poisonous fumes, etc. which you get from most insect sprays. Good luck.

what kind of bug is this? I found one today in my kitchen

August 3, 2011 Flag

Tiny black bugs next to a penny for scale.I live in northeast Ohio and for the last couple of days we have had these small black bugs in our kitchen. They are mainly on the floor around the baseboards. There are a lot of them. Anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By Mary H.

They are two different types of pantry pests, usually infest old food. Don't forget about old doggie treats. Getting rid of the source and anything they may have infested and thorough cleaning is all that is needed to rid them.

Lar-exterminator

Had the same problem. Went digging through the cupboard they seemed to be coming from and found them all through a bag of those pill sized dog treats my spouse didn't secure the twist tie on. Threw those out and cleaned, hopefully they're gone.

I have the same thing. They are near the baseboard but most are in the kitchen on the window seal. I have seen a few flying but are mostly dead.

the little black bugs I have hang aroundthe light under my kitchen stove and my lamp shade light in the living room when you squeeze them they disappear like ashes

Read More Answers...
A bunch of ants on a white background.
Identifying Small Black Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMarch 7, 2010
roaches on broom
Getting Rid of Bugs in the Kitchen
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 2, 2016 at 11:26:44 PM on 10.0.2.31 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.