Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

By Tracy 1

What are those very small, 1/16 round, with flat bottom, black and some with spots, bugs I've found on my kitchen floor? Usually in large groups. Most are under the dishwasher.

You really have to watch closely to see them move.

By Tracy from Cleveland, OH

Filter Sort

By Jeanie Eilertsen 5 10 Flag

You might look at them with a magnifier, and then research carpet beetles. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lori O. 1 Flag

They are flour mites. The seek out damp warm places where there is dry food.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By mkoester04 1 Flag

I am having the same problem with these tiny insects! They are only showing up after I run the dishwasher!! I am a very very clean person and have no other problems with bugs in my house. These little guys are only under the dishwasher and no where else. Please! I need help figuring out what the heck they are and how to get rid of them!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

By Roxane G. 1

I have had these tiny bugs on my kitchen floor for 5 days now. I've used fogger bombs, and boric acid around perimiter of floor. I sweep. They seem to be coming out from fridge and stove sides. Nothing seems to be working. Please help me get rid of them. They don't jump or fly. There are hundreds of them.

By Roxane C.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Chris48 1 Flag

We had the same problem and it turned out to be weevils, the tiny bugs that are in flour, rice, grains, etc. We emptied out the pantry and sure enough that is were they were coming from. We threw out the foods that had the bugs, cleaned out the pantry and now they are finally gone. You can google "weevils" and find out how to get rid of these little pests.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Tiny Black Bugs in Kitchen

Tiny black bugs next to a penny for scale.I live in northeast Ohio and for the last couple of days we have had these small black bugs in our kitchen. They are mainly on the floor around the baseboards. There are a lot of them. Anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By Mary H.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By LARRY FLUITT 38 Flag

They are two different types of pantry pests, usually infest old food. Don't forget about old doggie treats. Getting rid of the source and anything they may have infested and thorough cleaning is all that is needed to rid them.

Lar-exterminator

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Black Bugs in Kitchen

I have black bugs on the cabinets, occasionally on the counter or around my sink. How can they be killed? I how can I stop them from returning? closeup of a bug on white background bug on white and pink background

By Char

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joan 21 301 Flag

Try using diatomaceous earth. It is available from Home Depot or Lowes. Ask for the "food grade" type - which is non toxic and will not harm children or animals. Sprinkle it along the back of your counters and around the baseboards or anywhere you see the bugs coming from. It is very good for deterring all kinds of crawling bugs and you don't have to worry about poisonous fumes, etc. which you get from most insect sprays. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Tiny Bugs in Kitchen

Please tell me what these are and how to get rid of them?

By Char from Ogden, UT

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Tiny Black Bugs

I have these tiny black bugs with a little white marking on the back. they come out from the bottom of the mop boards. I have linoleum floors.

By SH

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

A bunch of ants on a white background.
Identifying Small Black Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMarch 7, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
roaches on broom
Getting Rid of Bugs in the Kitchen
A bunch of ants on a white background.
Identifying Small Black Bugs
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:49:51 PM on 10.0.0.12 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswers
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings