Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor

What are those very small, 1/16 round, with flat bottom, black and some with spots, bugs I've found on my kitchen floor? Usually in large groups. Most are under the dishwasher.

You really have to watch closely to see them move.

By Tracy from Cleveland, OH

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By mkoester0405/21/2014

I am having the same problem with these tiny insects! They are only showing up after I run the dishwasher!! I am a very very clean person and have no other problems with bugs in my house. These little guys are only under the dishwasher and no where else. Please! I need help figuring out what the heck they are and how to get rid of them!

By Jeanie Eilertsen [4]03/12/2010

You might look at them with a magnifier, and then research carpet beetles. Good Luck!

Here are questions related to Tiny Black Bugs on Kitchen Floor.

Question: Getting Rid of Tiny Black Bugs

I have these tiny black bugs with a little white marking on the back. they come out from the bottom of the mop boards. I have linoleum floors.

By SH

Question: Getting Rid of Black Bugs in Kitchen

I have black bugs on the cabinets, occasionally on the counter or around my sink. How can they be killed? I how can I stop them from returning? closeup of a bug on white background bug on white and pink background

By Char

Most Recent Answer

By Joan [19]06/08/2014

Try using diatomaceous earth. It is available from Home Depot or Lowes. Ask for the "food grade" type - which is non toxic and will not harm children or animals. Sprinkle it along the back of your counters and around the baseboards or anywhere you see the bugs coming from. It is very good for deterring all kinds of crawling bugs and you don't have to worry about poisonous fumes, etc. which you get from most insect sprays. Good luck.

Question: Tiny Black Bugs in Kitchen

Tiny black bugs next to a penny for scale.I live in northeast Ohio and for the last couple of days we have had these small black bugs in our kitchen. They are mainly on the floor around the baseboards. There are a lot of them. Anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By Mary H.

Most Recent Answer

By LARRY FLUITT08/06/2011

They are two different types of pantry pests, usually infest old food. Don't forget about old doggie treats. Getting rid of the source and anything they may have infested and thorough cleaning is all that is needed to rid them.
Lar-exterminator