Handprint Lily

contest winner icon

Here's a nice craft for little ones to do at Easter using their own handprint.

• black construction paper
  • white paper (I used printer paper)
  • Ad
  • green construction paper (leaves)
  • green pipe cleaner (cut in half)
  • yellow pipe cleaner (small piece)
  • "My Handprint Lily" poem
  • Easter Lilies story (on back)
  • tape
  • hot glue and glue gun
  • Elmer's glue

I typed up the poem on my printshop and put a frame around it.

"My Handprint Lily"

A piece of me I give to you,
I used my thumb and fingers too,
To make this lily just for you.
It doesn't smell, it doesn't grow,
I made it because He loves us so.
Remember that on Good Friday,
Jesus died to wash our sins away.
They buried Him and 3 days passed,
He arose on Easter Sunday at last.

After you get your poem printed out you can glue it to your black paper. Take your white paper and trace the child's hand. Cut it out and curl each of the fingers around a pencil. Then using the palm of the handprint, form a cone with the fingers curling out. Tape the flower together. Then twist your green and yellow pipe cleaners together. The green is for the stem and the yellow is for the inside of the lily. Put your pipe cleaners inside your lily. Then you can hot glue your flower on the paper. Glue on the leaves.

On the back I found a story about Easter Lilies on the internet and glued it on the back. It says:

Easter Lilies

The beautiful trumpet-shaped white flowers symbolize purity, virtue, innocence, hope and life- the spiritual essence of Easter. Often called the "white-robed apostles of hope." Lilies were found growing in the Garden of Gethsemane after Christ's agony. Tradition has it that the beautiful white lilies sprung up where drops of Christ's sweat fell to the ground in his final hours of sorrow and deep distress. Churches continue this tradition at Easter time by surrounding their alters and crosses with masses of Easter Lilies to commemorate the ressurection of Jesus Christ and hope of life everlasting.

By luv2craft from Normalville, PA

This is really nice I will have to remember to do this next year with my girls

Thank you so much for sharing this idea! We will be making them for the Grandmas this year.

I am a Christian school teacher. I think this project would be perfect for my first and second graders to do as an Easter project.

Great idea!

That is such a sweet project. I will do this with my kids and have them sent out as Easter cards!

I am always looking for a craft easy yet with the message of how much Jesus loves us all for my preschool class at Sunday school. When I saw this craft it made my day.

what a lovely project. i shall definately use this and pass it on to my friends. many thanks

hand print lily
Handprint Lily
Crafts EasterApril 5, 2006
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily
Peace Lily Not Blooming
Peace Lily Not Blooming