Buying an Old-fashioned Dust Mop

I know the Swiffer has taken over the market, but I need to know where to purchase the "old fashioned dust mops"? None of the stores I checked carry them any more.

Please advise.

Thank you.

By Rosalie from San Diego, CA

Have you checked a Home Depot/Lowe's type store? I was in Home Depot a few months ago, and came across what seemed like a large assortment of brooms/brushes/mops/dusters.

And Target has a nice selection, too. I feel like I've seen one recently where you remove the dust cover and toss it in the washer (don't remember if it was cotton or microfiber). Don't look by the floor cleaning and other solutions (that's where you'll find the Swiffer disposable things), but instead kind of where they have laundry baskets. Somewhere near there they have sponges, cleaning cloths, and nearby should be mops and dusters.

Best of luck! Hope you get a good one that lasts a long time!

If you have Dollar Tree Stores near you, look there. Dust mops are available in the one in my area.

Find out if you have a Stanley or Fuller Brush dealer in your neighborhood. Also, go on line for these companies. I was a Stanley dealer and my dust mop is 30yrs. old and still going. Hope this helps.

If you have an ACE hardware near you & haven't, try them. I've had some success in finding the oddball, not in high demand things there.

O Cedar has a microfiber 'Performer' dust mop set-Ck O cedar on the webb-

I bought a mophead and 3 refills at Target

I use them to dry dust and another to wet mop my ceramic tile floors and then throw it into the washer

I bought 3 because I was afraid they would stop making them

(submitted via email)

Thank you to all the readers who responded to my request for purchasing a dust mop. Will check out most of them next week.

Thanks again. Rosalie - San Diego

May 3, 2012 Flag

I would like to find and buy another old-fashioned dust mop like I used years ago on all my floors.

By Lillian

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think I have seen them on vermontcountry store.com

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsNovember 17, 2009
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Spin Mop
Spin Mop Product Reviews
🎉
🎄