Building a Backsplash on a Flat Formica Counter Top

How could I build a backsplash on a flat Formica counter top? My sink is on a flat counter top with no vertical surface for a backsplash. How can I build up a backsplash without taking out and replacing the entire counter top? I would then like to have an overhang at the top for guests to have drinks and snacks.

Pat from Ft. Collins, CO

Screw some clear plexiglass to the wall and slide in from the top your favorite wall paper, pictures, postcards, etc. That way when you get sick of it you can change it!

Thanks for the suggestion, Anna, but there is no wall behind the sink to screw mount the formica. There is a 12 in. extention of the countertop behind the sink, but it is a flat suface.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenApril 9, 2008
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
hot coffee pot placed on counter by waitress
Removing Heat Stains and Burn Marks on Formica
Before photo of painted laminate countertop.
Polishing Counter Tops
Counter Top Dishwasher
Buying a Counter Top Dishwasher