Anthony's Fish Bar's Crab, Shrimp and Cheddar Melt

I had a crab, shrimp, and cheddar melt at Anthony's Fish Bar in the Seatac airport, it was wonderful. I'm trying to duplicate the recipe. Has anyone got any ideas? Has anyone eaten there, that knows what I'm requesting?

Laurie from Portland, OR

I've never eaten there but if you remember all the ingredients perhaps you could just review a dozen or so general cheese melt sandwich recipes to help recreate??? I'll bet you can come up with your own version that would taste even better that way ;-)

I did a search and found a couple yummy sounding crab melts and one with avocado (mmm mmm) and you could just add some shrimp, too :-) Be sure to use 'sharp' cheddar cheese for the best flavor ;-)

Thanks. It was made with Rondele cheese spread, but I don't know what else. I guess I'll just wait and have it again when we fly to Alaska this year.

1. email them and see if they're willing to part with it!

2. go on line and put in the recipe name. There are websites that are there that will come up with sometimes the exact recipe or a 'look alike'.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. I already contacted them and that was one they would not share.

Crab and shrimp in equal proportions (must use real crab meat), mayonnaise, shredded cheddar, and thyme are the primary ingredients for the mixture. You can add crab veloute if you want which is basically a white sauce with crab boil added, but I don't recall ever using it (crab veloute is great for adding as a binder for crab artichoke dip though). You put a heap of mixture on each side of a English muffin and then heat in the oven/toaster oven until slightly browned and warmed throughout. Then, slap a slice of tomato and cheddar cheese on both sides and stick back into the oven until the cheese is melted. Parsley to garnish if you are serving for a party. Enjoy.

Food and Recipes Recipes CopycatJanuary 21, 2009
Imitation Crab Cakes
Recipes Using Imitation Crab
Crab Quiche
Crab Quiche Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Salad Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
Crab Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂