Remember The Leftovers Instead Of The Drive Thru

When out running errands, it is so easy to think about going thru the drive thru at my favorite restaurant, on the way home or halfway through my errand trip. If I've finished my errands and am going home, I try to remember what's in my fridge as leftovers. This usually curbs my intent on going to the restaurant, as I always have leftovers I can have for a quick lunch. It might be a bit of tuna salad, some cold sauerkraut, a stick of mozzarella cheese and an applesauce cup, etc. It might not sound as appetizing as a fast food sandwich or my favorite hot pizza slice, but it's already paid for and ready to eat.

AMEN!! And a person can save more money in the kitchen than most any other area, just by doing exactly that: SAVE AND EAT WHATEVER YOU HAVE !!

One day very soon I believe we will be grateful for

most ANYTHING, because of the way things are

happening! I've even prepared myself to eat Dandelion greens, ordinary yellow-blooming Clover,

wild Wood Violets, Pansy flower petals, Apple tree leaves, certain grasses, Honeysuckle blossoms and I'm studying other edibles in the yard, (since MANY are poisonous) JUST IN CASE. God bless and help us all. : )

I try to remember to stick a granola bar in my purse if I'll be out for a while--then I can munch on that instead of going through the drive through. Or I stop by the grocery store and buy snacks we will eat anyway instead of going through the drive through.

This is advice I should take....not only do I spend more money than I have to with stopping for fast food but my triglycerides are up so I'm trying to lay off the greasy foods! Not only do we usually have some sort of leftover in the frig but I always have sandwich fixings and the like to make a fast lunch. I especially love tuna salad and that always beats the deep fried foods from the drive thru!

It irritates me to no end when we both arrive home exhausted and get take out for dinner, then realize that there were lots of leftovers that we'd have enjoyed more (and saved money on) instead of buying a lousy meal. Thanks for reminding us, or at least me, to make do.

Yes and the leftovers are often better for you anyway ! as well as enjoying the satisfaction that you have not supported the transnational corps you may keep down your own intake of trans fats.

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversJune 27, 2007
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwich
Using Thanksgiving Leftovers