Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

How Can I Get More Coupons?

Does anyone know where to find the most coupons? Are there sites, mailing registers for coupons, etc.? I'm trying to bulk up on my food and supplies! I am a first time coupon clipper, any suggestions?

By Loleini

By Karen91506/28/2011

I'm relatively new to couponing, but I've noticed a real savings in my weekly grocery bill. I found a great site--http://www.couponsthingsbydede.com/Default.asp
where I can order individual coupons or whole inserts. Delivery time is very good. I've placed 2 orders so far, and I will be visiting the site again.

By Alyie06/12/2011

One thing I do if I'm wanting to get something, I just Google the item and then add the word coupon after it. For example- Tide coupon. Another thing I do is look for completely free samples. While doing that many sites also have coupons listed. I have gotten lazy doing all of this like I used to because as you know, it is very time consuming.

By lori [2]06/11/2011

I have been really trying to perfect my coupon use and organization. I am not so extreme that I get a thousand dollars worth of products for three dollars, but I do save anywhere from 60 percent to 100 percent on small shopping trips and have figured out one good trick. You need other individual swappers to trade wish lists via e-mail on Sunday and reliably send coupons to each other on Monday via mail. They should be rec'd. before the end of the sale week. Specific coupons from their wish list only and not a bunch of random junk that no one wants.

By Jaci [12]05/23/2011

I've spent hours emailing my favorite companies (Smuckers, Olay, etc.), praising them for their great products. Thinking I was going to get tons of coupons, I received emails thanking me for my kind comments insisting it's against policy and most of them did not send me any coupons. I was beyond annoyed, having spent all that time emailing. I've been to my mailbox and was pleased to get three 1.00 off Noxzema products, two 35 cents off Smuckers jelly and three 35 cent off angle TP. I guess it depends on the company and their policy.

I've also bought coupons off ebay. You are not actually "buying" the coupons, you are only paying the seller to snip, clip, organize your coupons. And last, I've joined a coupon train where people from around the world trade their coupons with other people for those they want! Every train has different rules, so just punch "Coupon trains" into your search engine and watch web pages pop up! I'll happily clip coupons for baby wipes though my daughter is 9, knowing it could help a single mom in the train. Getting the coupons is like Christmas morning. You never know what you might get! Happy clipping! :)

By Darla [19]04/14/2011

Try this site:

http://www.coupondivas.com/

By Kathy [51]04/12/2011

I have tried the various coupon websites suggested above but cannot for the life of me get my printer to print the coupons. I downloaded the tools needed so my printer will print the bar code but each time I'm told my printer is not hooked up or something like that. My printer is hooked up. The last time I tried this and downloaded the tool bar, I got a virus and it cost me $59 to get it fixed. What am I doing wrong? This is so frustrating. Most of the coupons I find in my weekly newspaper are for junk foods. I'm single, so every little bit of savings helps.

By Faye04/11/2011

Join reputable blogs, such as CouponMom.com, or thekrazycouponlady.com. Watch their videos online, as they teach for free, how to cut your grocery bills. Regularmom.com is also a good one. I always get 2 newspapers so that I will have a coupon if something is buy one-get one free. Yes, you can use a coupon for each item, in this case. There is also coupon fraud. Be careful of that. Read the coupons carefully to make sure that you are using them according to the specified instructions. TLC recently did a show called Extreme Couponing, which will give us legitimate couponers a bad name if we aren't careful. One of those interviewed was using the coupons fraudulently. I hope this helps!

By Thia04/08/2011

I like to go to the websites of the stores that I frequent for coupons. Also if I'm loyal to a particular brand, then I go to the brand's website and look for a manufacturer coupon there. This has been quite helpful recently.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: How Can I Get More Coupons?

How can I find more coupons? My Sunday newspaper has very few coupons. I need to save money at the grocery store! Thanks.

Erica

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

There are several sources on the Internet: www.coolsavings.com, eversave.com, smartsource.com, just to name a few. When I lived in Iowa, I used to get something called valupage.com, but it is going to cease operation on March 20. My husband is retired from the military, so I am able to get coupons through militarylife.com. Sometimes those coupons are only good at commissaries, though. Sometimes, if you sign up to do surveys, one of the benefits is being able to get coupons. One of the stores I used to shop at in Iowa had an area that was reserved for coupons people didn't want to use. They kept them so that anyone who wanted them could just take them, and I guess the hope was that when they got coupons they couldn't use, they would throw them into the pile. (03/18/2005)

By skbeal

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

Have you looked at the coupon swap section here? I just posted a ton of coupons I won't use, in the hope that someone would offer me some I could use. Many of us are willing to give people coupons, if they send a self addressed stamped envelope. Check that portion of this site! You won't be sorry! (03/19/2005)

By skbeal

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

Check your local library. My library here has a coupon exchange with tons of coupons just for the taking. Good luck. (03/20/2005)

By Debbie

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

Coupons may not be saving you as much as you think. I find that the items I usually purchase never have coupons because they are the budget brand or generic. If a branded item has a coupon and is still more expensive than the budget item, then I still buy the latter.

If you are dreaming of, "I bought $100 worth of groceries for free due to coupons," please realize that the people who do this do it once in a very blue moon and then advertise the heck out of it. I wonder what they are buying because in my part of town, they aren't getting coupons for milk, fresh veggies, nor a few other necessary basics. (03/20/2005)

By cookwie

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

Many times, if you email a company and tell them you like their product, they will send you coupons in the mail. I received coupons from two companies this way just this week. One company sent me coupons with expiration dates in 2006, and the other coupons have no expiration date, so I can wait to use them when I find a great deal. You might also try startsampling.com. They will send you free samples of products that often include coupons. In addition, a good listing of printable coupons can be found at www.freebiecat.com/couponcat.html. Another way to get printable coupons is to sign up for a company's email newsletter. (03/20/2005)

By Allison

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

I just thought of another way to save money at the grocery store, a price book. Go to several stores and list the prices of items you buy regularly. This will help you know which store tends to have the best prices, and which sales are really sales. Also, I look through all the Sunday ads and write down items that are on sale that I know I will use, and the store they are on sale at. Then, I go to WalMart and get all the items that are on sale at other stores and read the cashier my list. Since WalMart matches competitor's prices, I get all the best deals in one shopping trip. (03/20/2005)

By Allison

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

If you live near an airport, try going there on Sunday's to look for coupon inserts left behind by travelers. Also, maybe McDonald's on Sunday mornings, they have newspapers there for customers to read. Ask your family, friends, neighbors to save their coupon inserts for you. Also might check at a library, they, too, have newspapers and magazines. (04/09/2005)

By badwater

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

I was at our local State Fair just last September and stumbled across a booth that I am extremely thankful to have found. They are called The Grocery Game, and I save 50-70% off my grocery bill every time I shop. It shows you the very best deals using your coupons at the best time with the store sales. It will show you exactly what your savings are from the original price, so you know what your total is before you shop. My husband says we are now saving at least $300-400 a month on groceries! Hope this is a website someone else can use, too. It only costs $1.10/wk, and the first 4 weeks are free. Here's the web addy: www.thegrocerygame.com. (05/15/2005)

By Puddleduck

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

http://couponexchanger.aceboard.com/ (04/15/2007)

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

I just found a new site, http://couponclipper.com, it's pretty easy to print out the coupons, I've used a few so far, and people accept them. (11/11/2008)

By Katie

RE: How Can I Get More Coupons?

Have you heard of freecycle.org? If you send a post wanting coupons usually people will save them for you. If there from Sunday's paper you may get a lot of duplicates, but if it is stuff you use that's good. You can get coupons on eBay, but it costs money. It is illegal to sell coupons, but they claim they are charging you for the work of cutting out the coupons plus you pay SandH. (11/20/2009)

By dwutz