Save Money by Organizing Your Refrigerator

contest winner icon

Always add a label with the date a product was opened to insure freshness. If you do not plan to use leftovers right away, immediately freeze them for future use.

Once a week empty the fridge prior to grocery shopping so that you do not purchase something that you already have, while empty wipe the inside clean before returning food to the fridge. Keep a check list on your computer (I use excel) of all the most frequently used items so that you can highlight when they are needed.

By Donnaschmitt215 from Glendale, NY

I, too, keep an inventory in Excel! I've found it helpful to have a column for "update date" so that I know when I confirmed that I have or don't have a particular item - that helps when I update it after a shopping trip, or do a quick partial inventory instead of a complete one.

I use little rectangular removable stickers from the office supply store for labels. I write on them with a fine-tip pen, with the name of the item and the date. If they don't get wet, these will peel off nicely when you're done with them, yet they stay put even in the freezer if the container is perfectly clean where you put them.

An open refrigerator.
Organizing Your Refrigerator
Budget & Finance Saving MoneyMarch 20, 2012
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Refrigerator Door
Testing a Refrigerator Seal
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:46:14 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.