FoodWeddings

Recipe Ideas for a Wedding Reception

Category Food

I am cooking for my sister's wedding reception and I need food ideas. There will be about 125 people.

By sndyrwn from Saint Louis, MO

If it will be a buffet, I normally cook lasagna or baked ziti and some type of meat like ham or turkey. Maybe round out with a salad. If you do not have alot of oven space, you could start with a veggie and cheese platters. Then put out the meat (ham or turkey) and make a salad with lettuce and pasta. One of my favorites is:

Lettuce, torn

Cooked and cooled penne pasta

Chopped veggies like broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes

Some type of beans (kidney or cannillini)

Feta or Parmesan cheese

Creamy dressing like ranch or creamy italian

I always have many compliments on my salads. Easy and if you add some chicken, makes a meal. Hope this helps.

I have been ask to make bbq meat balls by family members for their wedding receptions, I make the meatballs, brown them, drain and put in a baking dish and cover with bbq sauce. Bake an hour at 400, Refrigerate till needed. A little while before need put them in a crockpot on high til they get warm through then turn down to low and serve.

BBQ lil smokies in the crockpot.

Pizza lasagne served with salad and garlic bread.

Pizza lasagne

Your favorite pizza toppings

pizza sauce

lasane noodles cooked according to package directions

mozzarella cheese or mexican cheese blend

pepperoni

I use browned hamburger, sausage, bacon bits, onions, green peppers, black olives, bacon, ham , and hot peppers.

Brown and drain the hamburger and sausage while the noodles cook. Mix all the ingredients together in the pizza sauce except the cheese, pepperoni, and noodles.

Layer in a nonstick baking dish noodles, pizza sauce mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Top 2 layers should be noodles and cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 until cheese is melted and heated through.

Ham, tuna, egg and pimento sandwiches also work well with a fruit and veggie tray and the above suggestions.

My daughter had salsa chicken at her wedding. It was just chicken cut into strips or chunks covered with salsa and foil then cooked in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until tender. Can be served with rice or buttered noodles.

I am also doing the food for a wedding I used allrecipes.com and adjusted the serving size to 125 on the ones I'm using we are doing a mexican menu with ground beef tacos and chicken enchildas served with chips and salsa and a few other sides.

We did a real simple thing at our wedding which was between meals. We served:

Veggie Platter

Fruit Platter

Cheese Ball & Crackers

Meatballs

Baked Potato Bar with all the toppings

Cake

Chocolate Fountain

The potato bar was really inexpensive and easy. My mother has 2 ovens and I have 1. We put the potatoes washed and wrapped in the oven the night before at like 200 and let them cook all night and then transported them in a cooler to keep them warm. This was the biggest hit of all.

We also did a budget menu for my sister-in-laws wedding. We did a simple spiral ham, rolls, past salad and slaw. Not much preparation and everyone enjoyed it.