Christmas Float Ideas: "What Christmas Means To Me"

Last year, my boss asked if I could help her with her children's church choir parade entry. The theme was "What Christmas Means To Me". Simple theme, but one that has so many options.

I bounced round a few ideas and finally landed on something I learned growing up. Every year my Mom and I would bake a special cake for Jesus's birthday. It was just natural to carry over the tradition. So I drew up some plans and took them in. My boss was very much astounded at the idea and so we set forth to make it happen. A truck bed was already loaned to them so all we had to do was the finishing touches.

I found a large round canister and covered it with white paper. I decorated the cake and even added a personal touch with squiggles to make it look like confetti on the cake. The top of the cake read "Happy Birthday Jesus". It amazed me how well it turned out.

The next thing was to use a folding card table with a birthday themed plastic tablecloth and, of course, a birthday party isn't complete without party hats. She bought some regular ones and when we looked at them we figured, "No, that wouldn't do." I disassembled the hats and painted them red. Allowed them to dry then wrote "Happy Birthday Jesus" on each one. Reassembly was very easy and they looked great.

We made posters for the children to hold up with the same message. She had found some darling squiggles and we glued these with their Church name and entry number on them to a large poster board. The whole caper turned out quite lovely and so went the venture of what Christmas meant to these beautiful little children.

Needless to say they won second place and we were all very happy.

So next time you have a themed Christmas parade, think really hard what Christmas means to you and reach down into your soul and find that special something that was a wonderful part of your life.

By maphisx7 from Gordonsville, VA

Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasAugust 4, 2010
white swan paddle boat on lake or lagoon
Decorating a Paddle Boat for a Float
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Blue Parade Float Skirt
Parade Float Ideas
🎄