Healthy Snacks to Avoid Dieting Mistakes

When you are dieting, you find yourself starving and eating everything till your hunger diminishes. Take the time now to make a list of allowed foods on a 100 calorie or less snack list.

If you do this when you are not hungry, it is more helpful. Then use the list to go shopping with. If you can have shelf stable snacks you can grab or certain things in the fridge (yogurt, cheese stick, etc) you may find yourself not grabbing something high caloric and unfulfilling.

Personally, I keep a can of roasted and raw unsalted almonds. 7 of them are what is the count. Eat them slowly, really taste them, feel the texture with your tongue. Make eating an experience, not a just food to mouth thing you do. Eating unsalted nuts (your choice) will help by not craving more or a soda to go with them. That salt is an enticer!

By Joyce from Benson MN

good idea, im on a diet and i usually find myself looking in the fridge ,hoping the fridge fairies have visited and left me something healthy, is so much easier to stay on track if you are prepared

Watch portion size on the back of packages. Often what one assumes is "one portion" is actually listed as two! "Laughing Cow" makes a light spreadable swiss cheese which is ONLY 35 calories a wedge! This make a great treat on melba toast or any low cal cracker.

I eat a handful of natural almonds each day. Aside from the health benefits, I read in a medical journal that ingesting raw almonds makes it hard for your hair to turn gray. I think this is true because at 56 I still have my original hair color. I figure almonds are better than hair dye.

I buy Laughing Cow cheese and whole grain Melba toast or crispbread to spread it on. I agree- portion control and spending the calories wisely is the best diet advice.

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJanuary 30, 2009
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
An apple, granola bar, nuts and dark chocolate squares.
Healthy Snacks
A box of Goldfish pretzels snacks.
Saving Money on Diet Snacks
Looking at a grocery receipt.
Dealing With Mistakes at the Cash Register