Repairing a Couch Cushion

My dogs jumped a lot on the couch and wrecked the zipper on the back of one of the cushions that you sit on. Is there a way to just sew this together. Do you need some special thread or something to make sure it stays put?

Sherry23 from Chattanooga, TN

Sherry, I would look for a heavy duty thread....you can even buy upholstery thread but if you have some thread on hand that matches, just use a double thread.

If you don't think you'll need to remove the cushion cover, then I don't see why you couldn't just sew it closed rather than try to replace the zipper. I never did learn to put in a zipper....well I did years ago but probably couldn't remember how to do it now.

Some dry cleaners do repairs so you might even think about taking the cushion in to have a new zipper put in.

Sewing would work for me tho!

WE USED NYLON THREAD TO SEW OUR CUSHION AND IT WORKED OK

Home and Garden Repair FurnitureDecember 13, 2006
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Old leather Couch with missing button
Repairing a Leather Couch
Fabric Couch
Repairing a Broken Arm on a Fabric Couch
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 4:15:34 AM on 10.0.0.97 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.