Cleaning a Water Dispenser

I bought a non electric water dispenser, which I cleaned with an antiseptic (pine oil type/chlorinated xylenol). I rinsed it many times, with and without soap, and now the taste of the antiseptic won't go away. The water can not be used! Any advice on how to get rid of that disinfectant taste?

Thanx,
Nuppo from Seattle, WA

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I haven't tried this myself yet, but all the research that I have done suggests that after you have cleaned with the disinfectant, try washing it out with a solution of Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda). I don't see why it shouldn't work.

it sounds like maybe you washed the filter itself. i only ever wash the bottle and top portion before filter area. maybe if you buy a new filter it would be ok.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMarch 31, 2006
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Repairing A Refrigerator's Water Dispenser
Open dishwasher.
Cleaning Dishwasher Rinse Agent Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:52:18 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.