Computer Keyboard Dust Cover

I used to purchase the more expensive shower curtain liners thinking that they were more durable and would last longer than the ones that I buy at the Dollar Tree store for just $1.00. Once they were past their prime, I usually cut the magnets off the bottom and then use them to post notes on my refrigerator.

This time instead of throwing out the liner I made a dust cover for my keyboard for when it's time to shut down the computer for the night. I measured the length and width of the keyboard and added 3 inches all the way around. I cut out a double piece of plastic, and sewed a zigzag stitch to hold the two pieces together. Turn over 1/4 inch and sew a seam around the circumference. Then sew 1/4 inch elastic around, pulling the elastic taunt while stitching.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY

Since I'm a guy I like things simple, like a kitchen towel on top of the keyboard when it's not is use.

Just make sure the magnets don't get anywhere near your computer.

I cut the magnets off and use them exclusively on my refrigerator.

I've been trying to find just such a dust cover. I'm not too handy, but I'm going to have to at least try this. Of course, I'll probably just lay the thing over the keyboard without adding the elastic. Thanks for the idea, though.

You should be able to buy correct size keyboard covers at any computer store.

Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Keeping Your Keyboard Clean
Computers TipsMay 14, 2010
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Cleaning a Computer Keyboard, Washing Ketchup Off Keyboard with Soap and Water in Bucket
Cleaning a Computer Keyboard
Avoiding Keyboard Spills, Coffee spill on a computer keyboard.
Avoiding Keyboard Spills
Worn Off Keyboard Letters
Replacing Worn Off Keyboard Letters