Simple Green And Baking Soda For Hair Dye On Skin

Over the years, I have dyed my hair everything from bright pink to blue black. Along the way, I have also accidentally dyed by ears, my neck,my arms and many other body parts, I won't mention. After trying all of the normal methods, I found that the best way to get dried hair dye off of skin is with a combo of Simple Green and baking soda. Not only will it cut through the dye like a hot knife through butter but it will give you a great exfoliation as well!

Keep in mind though, that although the Simple Green is a nontoxic biodegradable cleaner, it will strip your hair of any color. So keep it on the skin and off the hair unless you want blond roots! ;) Hope this helps!

By Roxanne from Richmond, TX

Oh Roxanne, you made my day! You brought back a long buried memory. About 40 years ago, my mother went to a halloween party as the Jolly Green Giant's wife. She used a food color concoction to dye her hair and skin green. Came out of her hair fine but refused to budge from skin folds. She had green ears until it finally wore off. Where was your tip then, when she needed it! She has a little bit of alzheimers these days and remembers long ago far better than today. I've gotta call and remind her of green ears!

An easier method is to put fresh ashes on the skin then rub away with water. Works like a miracle. don't know about food-colored skin though.

I dyed my hair dark reddish purple but I have big dark spots on my scalp, have you had that before and what should I use. If you have a idea?

Hi, I tryed baking soda + pure acetone, and scrubbed w a toothbrush but the stains on my hands are so dark from black hair dye,(hole in glove)...will Gojo get this stuff off? its really bad, is it specially simple green that helps lift it or just that it's a chemical for cleaning?