How Well Do Garment Steamers Work?

Does anyone know from experience how well a garment steamer works? I was thinking of buying one, but would like to hear from others who have had experience using garment steamers.

By Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

I bought a steamer & was not satisfied at all. Too messy & hard to use. Most of all, it did not do the job at getting my garments looking wrinkle free as I thought it would. I would not waste my money on it.

I agree with Ace00. Don't waste your money. I was given one as a Chritmas gift and was not pleased with it. I know it cost $100. So, it was not cheap. I had used steamers before in a ladies' dress shop that worked wonderfully. I think the main difference was, we hung the garment flat on a large flannel board. I tried using my bedroom door and steamed the finish off! So, not so great an idea.

I bought one years ago and I loved it. Used it for years, my boys even used it. But since then I have discovered putting a wet rag in a dryer with the item I want to be wrinkle free.

Sounds as if I'm the only one that likes a steamer. My husband bought ours at Costco for his suits when on travel. I stored a bunch of polyester blouses in a plastic container that I never had to iron. When I took them out of the attic after two years of storage, they were all wrinkled. I washed them and they were still wrinkled when they came out of the dryer. I then tried ironing them with a steam iron. Still no luck. I was finally able to get the wrinkles out with my husband's travel steamer. I did have to hold the steamer no more than an half-inch to a inch away from them before it worked. My blouses are all wrinkle free once again and will stay on hangers from now on.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 17, 2009
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
A jacket with cuffs.
Replacement Cuffs for a Jacket or Sweater
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work
Garment Hanger Solution
Collapsible Garment Hanger Solutions
🎄
🍂